⚠ Rage, Betrayal and Despair

Author's Note: I just want to give a little warning to all reading this. This one particular one-shot is not happy, neither does it have a delightful ending. Please be warned and read at the risk of your feelings. I apologise beforehand for the most likely inaccurate portrayal of our beloved characters. I'm not Sir Rob and I will never be, but thank you for stopping by and hopefully you'll enjoy. 😊
_______________________________________________________

[Mr. Ambrose's POV]

I blearily opened my eyes to find myself dangling from chains imbedded into the farthest wall of a dim, dank, smelly cell surrounded by thick, evenly spaced rungs.

I didn't waste my time thrashing against them since I knew I wouldn't be able to break free, as well as I knew that thrashing would cause the burning pains on my sides and abdomen incredible pain I didn't desire the knowledge of experiencing. My face ached too due to the great fight I had put up before I was knocked unconscious.

My pride took a serious hit with knowing that I lost and that they were successful with their ambush, but at that time, I was trying to protect a certain rebellious female from danger and being kidnapped. Of course, the stubborn woman had to try to fight as well and get me injured and taken to an unknown place in the process of saving her feminist personage!

Anger flared up in me at the thought, but cold rage burned even more at the fact that he knows. He has found out about Lilly's business association with me. After all my careful and meticulous planning, watching over her in order to protect her and my secret affairs, he still managed to discover our relationship as employer and subordinate.

He must be having a field day! Finding out a female is under your employ!

The things he could do with that information made my already freezing rage burn even colder.

Out of the darkness within my cell, I heard the loud creak of a non-oiled door ring out. With the sound of arrogant footsteps, I immediately knew who was coming toward me. As he came to a stop in front of the cell and peered in to discover me awake without any means of escape, a slow smile grew on his face, resembling that of a snake.

"I see you are enjoying my accommodations. Quite lovely if I don't say so myself." He taunted, keeping that same venomous smile of his glued to his face.

I didn't bother giving an answer. He knew me well enough to not expect a reply.

"Oh, old friend. It's marvelous seeing you helpless and at my complete mercy. You know, I had an itching suspicion about Miss Linton's connection with you. It wasn't until I came across a certain news article discussing you and your bad-mannered secretary, Mister Linton, that I connected the dots."

I froze as I registered his words. Chilling anger shot through me as I realized. The bloody woman! She's the reason for him finding out! Oh, she would pay for this.

"I knew there was something between you two when she was the only person you devoted attention to -excluding myself- at that ball we both attended. In addition, her suspiciously vague answer about not remembering when you first met and the lack of an introduction between you two assisted me as well. Seems like you weren't as smart and as careful as you believed​ you were." He let out a grating laugh that would have sounded pleasant to those who didn't know the evil lurking beneath that innocent facade. I knew better though.

"What's even better is the fact that you've developed feelings for her! Not only have you employed a member of the female gender, but you have fallen for a pudgy, poorly raised woman with serious gender identity confusion!" He chuckled. "I have to say Ambrose, you really know how to pick them." His words about Lillian lit an icy flame of scorn and contempt for this man before me. Though I've loathed the man for years now, his stinging words against such a strong, stupidly courageous, but unshakably loyal Ifrit of a woman made my blood boil for some unfathomable reason.