Chapter 1

All right people because I couldn't help myself and because so many of you have been asking for updates on RP and DN which, I'll admit, I've been slacking on, I thought I'd give you a little something.

Here's the first little chapter from my new story, Graceful Deception which I've been working on a little bit because it WILL NOT GET OUT OF MY HEAD. So yeah, here you go, let me know what you think :)

PS I won't be uploading this one until RP and DN are done. Well, RP mostly but probably both.

PPS this is kind of a spin off of RP and PE but with different characters and everything. Perhaps there will be a brief appearance from the other characters but I don't know yet.

Chapter 1

“You’re Blake Travis’ daughter, aren’t you?”

I barely managed to stifle a groan as I spun to face the girl talking to me.

“I mean, you’re Grace, right?” she asked, her pretty brown eyes widening as she caught sight of my face, obviously recognizing me.

“Sure,” I said with a shrug.

Her face lit up, her lips spreading in a wide smile as her body shook with excitement.

They’ll eat you up, honey.

“Do you think you could give him this?” she asked after scrounging in her cluttered purse, finally holding out a CD case to me.

“Of course,” I said sweetly, pasting on a huge smile as I took the CD from her shaking hands.

“Oh god, thank you so much,” she gushed.

“My pleasure,” I replied, giving her a wave as she dashed away.

My smile vanished as soon as she was out of sight. “What do you think, Blake? Is she the next big thing?” I asked no one as I held the CD case up, reading the name printed on the cover. “Sarah Craft. Boring name.” With a flick of my wrist, I tossed the CD into the nearest trash can.

“That was not nice.”

I grinned for real as I turned to face my best friend, Sydney Collins.

Sydney was one of those girls that you desperately wanted to hate but ended up liking because they were just so damn...likable. She had long, naturally blonde hair that fell straight past her shoulders and down her back. Her eyes were a bright, clear blue that shone with humour and intelligence. She was tall, taller than me which was saying something, and her figure was lithe and lean. In short, the girl was pretty much perfect which would be annoying if it weren’t for her personality.

She was funny, smart and above all else, decent.

That makes one of us.

The brief thought made my grin widen as she stopped in front of me, her gaze focused on the trash can I’d tossed little Sarah’s CD into.