Suds and Smiles

Shion let out a relaxed sigh as Nezumi rubbed shampoo into his scalp softly, carefully. He leaned back lightly; resting his back against is partner's chest, happily placed in between his thighs comfortably. It had become a nightly ritual to take a bath together, when they had the chance. They were short but meaningful, at least for him. Nezumi didn't object, so he thought it was okay.
"Move up a little." Nezumi said quietly as he reached over for a small cup to rinse the suds out of Shion's hair. He didn't look it, but he was gentle, and meticulous. Shion scooted upwards and shuddered as water and soap trickled down his spine. They never talked much, much rather enjoyed each other company and savored the closeness that they had before getting into bed.
"Let me do yours..." Shion said, a small hint of joy in his tone. Nezumi usually washed his own hair, but he wanted to do it for once, since he always did his. Nezumi didn't object, and gave Shion room to turn around so he could face him.
"Don't miss anything." Nezumi said plainly as he watched Shion pour soap into his hand, and reach up to rub it into his hair. He moved his arms down onto his shoulders and then slid them down to rest happily on his waist as Shion rubbed it down to his scalp.
"Come a little closer..." Shion said as he tried to get all of his jet-black hair, having difficulty reaching the back. Nezumi moved closer, resting his forehead on his. Shion smelled like soap, almost like lavender.
"That's better." Shion gave him a small smile and finished scrubbing his hair, gently pouring water onto the top of his head, careful not to let any of it get into his eyes. Nezumi planted a soft kiss on the tip of his nose and smiled softly at the giddy smile Shion was trying to hide.
"The water is starting to get cold, Shion." Nezumi said as he moved back a little, checking to make sure all the soap was gone. "Let's go to bed." Shion waited for Nezumi to get out before he attempted to step out and wrap a thin towel around his waist.
Nezumi slipped on his usual loose pants and shirt as he dried off his hair and sat down on the bed that the two shared. Shion threw on his oversized t-shirt and sat down next to Nezumi, picking up the brushed and smiling softly as he racked it through his hair gently, careful not to tug or pull. Nezumi never bothered to brush his hair, saying it was completely pointless.
"Come on, Shion." Nezumi whined softly, laying down and beckoning him to lie in his usual spot where Nezumi could easily wrap his arms around his waist and bury his face into the nape of his neck. He was a big bear that needed something to cuddle with, Shion had figured out. Shion sighed and set the hairbrush down as he snuggled into place, placing a small little kiss on his cheek happily.
"Why kind of kiss was that?" Nezumi rolled his eyes and leaned in to place a loving, but soft kiss on his lips, closing his eyes as Shion leaned into him and let him drift off. Shion was always cute when he was asleep, especially after a warm bath.
"Good night Nezumi..." Shion's voice came to him just barely above a whisper as Nezumi blew out the candle next to them on the bedside table.
"'Night, Shion."