Now You Know How It Feels

**Here's a Norminah one shot to celebrate Normani's birthday! Special thanks to @notevennoticed for answering all my college basketball related questions.

Dinah's POV

I was going to be playing basketball at UCLA in a few short months! My hard work in high school had finally paid off when I got a full ride athletic scholarship offer from my dream college. Score. I thought as I walked into the women's locker room for the summer training session.

"Sup newbie. I'm Lauren," a girl with bright green eyes said to me and extended her hand.

I shook her hand and said, "Dinah Jane. How long have you been on the team, Lauren?"

"It's gonna be my second year. So, if you need anything, don't hesitate to hit me up," Lauren said.

"Thanks," I said and continued asking Lauren questions. She answered my questions patiently and introduced me to other people. Lauren was so helpful throughout the entire orientation and practice process, that I offered to swipe her in to the freshman dining hall for lunch.

"Thanks nugget! But, I promised my roommate I'd have lunch with her, so unless you wanna waste two swipes, I'll have to ask for a rain check," Lauren said.

"I don't mind swiping your roommate in too. That way I'll meet more new people!" I said and kept badgering Lauren till she gave in and told her roommate to meet us at the dining hall.

"You went to Orange County High School, right?" Lauren asked as we waited outside the dining hall for her roommate to arrive.

"Yeah, why?"

"My roommate went there too. She's a year older though, so you might not know her."

"Girl, I know everyone and everyone knows me at OCHS."

"Why? Were you the star athlete or something?"

Hell yeah, I was the star athlete in my high school. I beat the girls' and the boys' basketball records in my school for points, rebounds, steals, assists, and pretty much everything else. I even got a record number of double doubles and triple doubles. I was so good that during my sophomore year, the boys team begged me to play for them instead. And I was easily the best player on the boys' team too and often single-handedly outscored other teams. My performance made local and national headlines when our division III school won back to back championships with me as MVP. By senior year, division I college scouts were lining up to sign me for their women's basketball teams. At the end of senior year, I was the most decorated athlete in the entire history of our division III school because I was the first person who was offered a full ride athletic scholarship to a division I team. So yeah, I was pretty damn popular and somewhat of a local hero back where I came from. But, I just smirked at Lauren and said, "Something like that. So yeah, I'm pretty sure I know your roommate."

"Well she's here, so find out for yourself," Lauren said, nodding at someone behind me.