Music Binds the World Whilst Separating It

Ughhhhhhh.

Now I know I'm usually so positive but I'm sooooooo tired...

Yes I know I stayed up late but I have a perfectly good reason. I was writing bars for my new rap song.

Now I know its unusual for a female blogger to come out with grime or rap as its usually cupcakes and rainbows. - I SAID USUALLY. However my involvement with dance means I am working with music the majority of the time. So when I began choreographing my own routines (just for confidence and practice) I was searching through YouTube, spotify, iTunes, etc for hours.

Now at this point my favourite artist didn't exist because I hadn't found my style. - Well Adele is the best ever and better than anyone. I'm sorry I said it. I prefer Adele over anyone but sometimes I like to listen to somethings that are...... completely opposite. This name kept popping up in my recommended section of Stormzy. It was Shut Up! So you have more-than-likely seen too. It opened my eyes, it was a style I was unfamiliar with. Then along came the likes of Skepta, JME, Giggs, etc.

My favourite tracks of these artists often don't receive as many views of Nikki Minaj, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift (nothing against these artists, except Taylor) but I sometimes think to myself that the standard of video quality, production and everything else is of a much higher quality.

Anyway don't expect this track anytime soon, I only started last night and I'm going to be writing a few more. If you would like to hear then make sure you comment below, or tell me who your favourite artist/music genre is.

Thank you for reading to this point.

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for more blog updates.

Sarkie.... out

Instagram - @sarkiedotcom