Edgar Allan Poe

This book is dedicated to Edgar Allan Poe.

He was an amazing author.

Edgar Allan Poe (born Edgar Poe; January 19, 1809 - October 7, 1849) was an American author, poet, editor, and literary critic, considered part of the American Romantic Movement.

Best known for his tales of mystery and the macabre, Poe was one of the earliest American practitioners of the short story, and is generally considered the inventor of the detective fiction genre.

He is further credited with contributing to the emerging genre of science fiction.

On October 3, 1849, Poe was found on the streets of Baltimore delirious, "in great distress, and... in need of immediate assistance", according to the man who found him, Joseph W. Walker.

He was taken to the Washington Medical College, where he died on Sunday, October 7, 1849, at 5:00 in the morning.

Poe was never coherent long enough to explain how he came to be in his dire condition, and, oddly, was wearing clothes that were not his own.

Poe is said to have repeatedly called out the name "Reynolds" on the night before his death, though it is unclear to whom he was referring.

Some sources say Poe's final words were

"Lord help my poor soul."

All medical records, including his death certificate, have been lost.

Newspapers at the time reported Poe's death as "congestion of the brain" or "cerebral inflammation", common euphemisms for deaths from disreputable causes such as alcoholism.

The actual cause of death remains a mystery.

~

He's wrote more of gothic, death, and depressing genres of stories, that have appealed to society.

~~~~

I'm writing this book on behalf of:

Poemhunter.com

BecauseI wanted everyone who hasn't been on that website or haven't heard of Edgar Allan Poe, to hear about him on wattpad!

I hope you enjoy his stories :)