Welcome Home

"It's almost been a year now..."

I smiled, even though I so badly wanted to cry. Nezumi hasn't come back yet, not a surprise though. He is his own person after all, 'singer.'

On that day a year ago, I never would have thought I would miss him this much. His see you soon smirks, the way he always called me an airhead, and the way he would lose himself in a book, I miss those times.

He was special, he was someone I never knew I would grow to care about so much. I love him. I really, truly, love him.

But he's gone, and hasn't come back. I have waited forever, even though I went four years without seeing him after that rainy night. It almost feels like it's been an eternity.

"You have a home here, in my arms. Wherever you go, I will always wait for you..." A slight tear falls down my eye as I walk out to the balcony of that small little building i've called home for the past year.

Where I truly belong though, is in west block, with Nezumi and Inukashi. That's a place with dear memories, some good, some I want to forget, but they're dear.

The wind blows my white hair around, almost feeling like a blizzard in front of my eyes, even though it's spring. I brush my hair behind my ear to be able to look at the fallen wall, the wall Nezumi, Safu, and I destroyed.

"It's amazing, how so much time can pass an yet, your still the same airhead I fell in love with." My eyes widen and I turn around, I saw the same rat I fell in love with, all those years ago.

"Nezumi..!" I launch myself into his arms and burry my head into the nape of his neck, feeling his big, warm arms wrap around me. I take a deep breath and smile, this is really Nezumi, this scent is the same scent he left with.

"I'm home Shion." I lift my head up and our lips touch. Its different, different from the kiss he gave me a year ago. This one is warm, and filled with love. A feeling I never want to lose.

"Welcome home, Nezumi."