Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid #1) - Richelle Mead

Score: 3/5

I read this after enjoying the Vampire Academy

Summary: Georgina Kincaid is a succubus who works at a bookstore. She's obsessed with and attracted to an author of her favorite books. Chaos ensues.

Good:Succubus who works at a bookstore.

Bad:This character is weird for me. She has a handful of men that she's concerned with or have been intimate with. She runs around making certain that they aren't all dying or in some sort of trouble. It's her trying to maintain some sort of chaos. To me, this aspect of the book doesn't interest me.

She's been around a long time. She lets us know this on a regular bases. Except her age does not correspond with her knowing anything about her life. She doesn't seem to know anything about her life or those involved in it.. in regard to the immortals.

This story would have made more sense if she was newly transformed into a succubus and is learning the ropes. But there doesn't seem like there is an actual reason why she doesn't know any of this..just doesn't???

There could have been something inserted to explain the reason why she was oblivious to the information needed about the people that run her life in a way.

She resolves the issue that they're dealing with...with keeping the villain occupied in bed. So, there's that at least.

I have no plans on going further into this series. But who knows?

http://www.spoonsnbooks.com/2018/02/succubus-blues-georgina-kincaid-1.html

html