·1

Ash's Pov.

Me and Iris were at the ice cream parlor eating a banana split.

"Pikachu, do you want anything else?" I asked as he finished his berry I gave him earlier. He shaked his head and started to run around with Oshowatt.

"Boy, I wonder what Cilan would be doing right now." said Iris, looking out the window.

"Yeah, it gets boring without that dimwitt."

Iris laughed and punched me softly in the shoulder.

To sum everything up, Im Ash Catchum, and im in 18 years old. 6 years ago, I had a childish dream of becoming a pokemon master, but as I got older, I realized there's more to learn about them. Im in a university right now, studying to be a science professor, kinda like professor oak back at Pallet town.

Right now im at laverre town, spending some time with Iris.

I know she likes me, im not that ignorant, but to be honest, I haven't really been interested in girls.

My whole life of adventurism involved at least one female in every region I've been too. Being that long with a member of the opposite sex is nerve racking and annoying.

"Hey let's go to the park or something! I need to train my Axew!"

I laughed lightly and got up my seat and headed towards the door with Iris behind me.

It's still funny how she never got the chance to train that puny little lizard.

As we made our way to the park, I started to look around.

Ratatata's running after each other, pidgieots making their bird calls; it was a great day.

I heard a loud squeel, and it sounded alot like Iris's.

"Ash! Im battling an Espeon!"

Espeon? But that's from a different region than ours.

I ran towards Iris , who already had her Axew out. I look across the field where she's battling.

And it was that face.

His face.

The face I hated.

The face that humiliated me.

The face that thought was better than me...

It was Gary Oak.