First Encounters

So here I am, basic simple me having a cup of tea by the beach whilst visiting my sister in Newcastle.

I'd been there 3 days & most of that time I sat in the cold sand watching the waves roughly crash against eachother. Day dreaming, I suppose.

My life was a normal life. 23 years old living in a flat in London. 23 years old... Really hard to think that. It was only yesterday that I was 15, with my best friend running around London trying to find famous people.

*phone ring*

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at my phone. Unknown number.

"Hello?" I said filling my hand with the cold wet sand and letting it fall through my fingers.

"Hi is this Erin?" I heard an elderly voice through the phone.

"Yes, who's speaking?"

"Erin! My gosh, it's been a while! This is Molly, remember? Your grandmas old neighbour?" I heard a slight chuckle and my face lifted.

"Well hello Molly, how's everything going?"

We chatted for a while, seeing how things were going and I said goodbye and hung up.

It was around 5pm and there I was like most days just staring at the sea. I thought I was going mad. Constantly thinking about the future, and about things changing. Nothing's for certain. Life is full of mysteries, life itself is a mystery.

I got up and walked to my sisters house that happened to be right near the beach. It was so windy but somehow I enjoyed the coldness of England. I'd lived in Spain for almost 12 years and the heat was unbearable.

I walked past some shops and whilst I was looking through a shop window at some shoes, I saw a reflection in the glass. There was a man on the other side of the road having a row with who I thought must have been his mother.

I turned round to see a man with brown curly hair, and I didn't quite get a glimpse of the woman since she slammed the door quite hard.

The fella with the curly hair walked over towards me.

"Sorry if that startled you. Mothers, you know?" He chuckled whilst he lit a cigarette.

"Oh I know" I said just standing awkwardly thinking why this man decided to talk to me.

"So, I'm sorry. Do you recognise me? I mean, I wasn't expecting you to but it's just a simple question" I looked at him confused.

"I don't remember meeting you before... I'm sorry, have we?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope! Nothing! You're the first person to say that so I'm happy! Wanna go for a coffee?"

"Sure haha" I awkwardly followed him into the coffee shop AKA Starbucks.

We ordered our drinks and he took me over to a table by the door. He stared at me for a while as if he was looking for something.

"Sorry, didn't catch your name?" I said smiling awkwardly (A/N: yes awkward is used a lot ok)

"Oh, Robbie. You?" He said smiling.

"Erin" I said returning the smile.

"So... What brings a young handsome Irish fella to cold & wet Newcastle?" I said taking a sip of my vanilla frapuccino.

"Well, I could ask you the same question; you're not from around here either" he said smirking and his phone started to ring.

"Ah, gotta take this. It's my mate Jamie. Sorry" he slid his finger across the screen and I, being nosy, tried to listen.

"Hey Jamie you're kind of interrupting something" I heard mumbling from the other end and I saw Robbie's face drop.

"Alright mate, I've got the train in 10 minutes so I'll be there soon" Robbie hung up after that.

"What was all that about? If you don't mind me asking"

"Oh my mate Jamie just says that I need to get to London ASAP And I have to go in 5 minutes so can I get your number?" He said drinking the last bit of his coffee.

"Sure, I'm also off back to London on the train in about 5 minutes haha" I said putting my bag over my shoulder and getting up.

"We must be on the same train" he said as he smiled and grabbed my hand.

Well, so much for parents saying to not talk to strangers. Let alone hold one by the hand.

A/N : soooo 1st chapter up... Ugh I'm nervous. I don't know if I'm a good writer or not. Anyway I never normally read notes so neither should you haha xx