27: Decisions (FINISHED)

27. Decisions

After spending half of the day at Dani's house, I finally decided to go home and see my brother. Part of me wanted to tell him about Levi and the other part of me was afraid to. Roman trusted me so much and here I was going against his rules.

I was an awful sister. And Levi was a boy who was stealing my heart away. And I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Walking into the house, I saw my grandmother's in the living room chatting about a clothing store, and my grandfather sat on the couch, taking a nap. My eyes searched for Roman as Jul came down the stairs, grinning.

"Welcome back, Katie. Did you enjoy your night away?" in other words, thanks for leaving us alone with the family.

A smirk crossed my face toward Jul as my grandmother's turned around to face me, "Hello dear. We were just about to go look at the new dress shop in town, would you like to join us?" Grandma Lansen asked as my grandma Morrionon smiled at me.

I shook my head no and smiled politely "I was going to spend the day with Roman. I need to talk with him about something" my eyes drifted toward Jul who raised an eyebrow "Speaking of, where is he?" I asked.

Grandma Morrionon pointed upstairs "In his room." 

"Thank you." I kissed my grandmother's on the cheek before going toward the stairs and brushing past Jul who smacked me on the back, I stuck my tongue out at him and continued my walk upstairs.

Walking past hallway pictures of my brother and me growing up made me pause as I stared at one of us when I was ten, I missed those days. I missed mom and dad. I missed not being confused because of a boy. 

I missed it so much it hurt.

But, now I had gotten myself into a predicament that led to heartbreak no matter which route I took, and it hurt like hell.

Coming to a stop in front of Roman's bedroom door, I knocked softly before hearing a soft 'enter' from inside, I opened the door and stepped inside seeing my brother holding an acoustic guitar with a music sheet in front of him while blowing smoke from his mouth where a cigarette hung from.

I walked forward and sat beside him on the bed, the bed slightly bouncing as I did, I crossed my legs out in front of me and looked over his shoulder at the music sheet.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Writing a song. And no you cannot hear it yet." He set his guitar down beside the bed and put the music sheet on top of it before looking at me "Are you okay? You never replied to my texts last night" he told me as he took the cigarette from his lips and thumped it on his ashtray.

I shrugged my shoulders and sighed "Dani and I went to a party, nothing big" I joked making him chuckle as he took a puff of his cigarette.

"That'd be normal. Hey, I ordered your cake for the graduation party."

"Great, we can knock it off the list." I was beating around the bush, I know, I should tell him. Maybe I had to now before things got worse.

Everything went silent for a moment, which only made me more nervous.

Roman cleared his throat and put out his cigarette in the ashtray, "Can I tell you something?" I nodded cautiously "Well. Now that you are older, I have seen the way guys are starting to look at you, and I do not like it. My protective streak kicks in," he told me with a light chuckle "And Levi is one of those guys."

Uh-oh. "He is?"

"Yeah. I guess you could say that Levi has always had a crush on you," Roman paused and shrugged ", it is why I created the contract. I didn't want you to be in love with Levi because of how he is. Plus it would be kind of awkward for us all, I mean, it is your choice but I ...would be cautious."

Does he know? I thought as Roman picked his guitar back up, my heart feeling like it was about to pound out of my chest.

"It's good that you have no feelings for him. I am proud of you for waiting."

And now I feel even worse, I thought as I watched my brother strum away on his guitar, sitting there in silence thinking a way to handle the mess that I have made.

***

Dumb stupid guys, maybe I should just live alone with nine cats?

I walked into the laundry room and turned the light on, setting the basket on top of the dryer I opened the washing machine and dumped my school clothes inside. I hopped and grabbed the detergent off the top shelf, pouring a cap full into the washer, I closed the lid and hit start just as the door to the laundry room slammed shut.

My first reaction was jumping sky high. And my second was a glare.

"Levi, what the hell do you think you are doing?"

"I had to come to see you, I felt bad that I had to shove you out the door the other night," he told me as he neared me, I frowned at him as he put his hands on my hips "I felt the need to make it up to you."

Half of me wanted to push him away, and the other half was tempted to see where this would go.

My eyes searched his face "Why come here when Roman is home to watch us? This could have waited" I whispered as he ran his hands up my sides to my waist.

Damn, he was good.

Levi wrapped an arm around my back and pulled me toward him, I made the mistake of looking up into his eyes and a smile spread onto my face.

I know I shouldn't but being with Levi made me feel happy, unlike with Adam who was a complete moron. Levi was nice, a gentleman, and wonderful.

And, I liked being with him.

My arms wrapped around his neck as he lifted me onto the washing machine and I wrapped my legs around his waist, he moved his face toward mine and placed his lips on one.

He smelled like mint and men's cologne. A good mixture to smell when you kissed someone, his hands were placed on the bottom of my back as my fingers played with the end of his long hair.

There was no way I could break up with Levi, not now. Not when I was falling deep down this hole with him. There was no way out of it.

His hands had made their way to the bottom of my shirt and started to lift it when the door opened. We broke apart and Levi jumped back wide-eyed at who stood in the doorway.

Granny.

She clapped her hands together and covered her mouth shouting "I knew it!" with a laugh which made me worry a bit.

She put her hands on her hips and looked at us "I always thought you'd make a cute couple. And sneaking around? How romantic. It reminds me of me and your great grandfather, Katie. My family did not like him" she said in thought as she smiled at us.

"Granny. Roman cannot know" I whispered to her, she chuckled and crossed her arms as she gave me a knowing look.

"Your secret is safe with me. Besides, Levi has a nice ass."

(Word Count so far? 43,112

(Word Count so far? 43,112. *Claps Happily* I am so happy to have my writer's block gone and can focus on this book again! -TBK)

*EDITED ON JULY 17th 2022*