Chapter five

I love this song so I decided to add it. The song is very good and my character also agrees with that.

~black wicked

" I never thought that you would be the one to hold my heart

But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start

You put your arms around me

And I believe that's easier for you to let me go......"

"You put your arms around me, and I'm home."

"You have a wonderful voice," I complimented the stranger who sang the line after me.

"Thanks, yours is also great."

"I'm Stacey, we didn't get a chance earlier ."

"Xander," he replied .

"Your dad's glare can actually kill, you know."

"He's scared his girl will be taken from him."

"She is going to land in safe hands, that's for sure."

"You will have to do more that to convince him. Almost all my boyfriends had to kill a lion in their human form to prove strength."

He looked at me wide eyed as if I came from Mars, "you can't be serious!"

"Do I look like I'm joking."

He just let out a sigh, maybe out of frustration and looked at the ground.

"Maybe he will be lenient with you. You should be an exception to his tryouts actually."

He turned his head and looked at me. I couldn't tell the emotions he was feeling and I surely didn't know what he was thinking about, but I was sure that he would a good companion.

"I hope that you see right through my walls

I hope that you catch me, cause I'm already falling," Xander sang still looking at me. When he went silent I thought that he wanted me to finish the lyrics for him.

"I'll never let our love get so close

You put your arms around me and I'm home."

"Stacey come here," I heard my mother shouting. She always knew my spot, I liked staying in the forest which was where her voice was targeting.

I stood to head back to the house. With one last glance at Xander, "I'll see you later, mate."

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

"Earth to Stacey," my sister told me clearly concerned with my distracted self.

"Sorry, I'm just thinking."

"No, you were spacing out."

"Isn't that the same thing?"

"No, they are not."

"Anyways, I still don't have a song for tonight," I said running my hands over my face.

Tonight the pack was preparing something special in honour of Xander. I even was not allowed on the pack grounds, that was weird but I did like surprises.

"Can't you just sing the song I told you, ocean eyes."

"Who did you tell me was the artist?"

"Billie Eilish."

"Right," I said looking at her very funny.

"What ? That girl has the best voice I've ever heard, no offense to you, I found my new love."