Prologue

It was only a split second. It could've happened to anybody. My next-door neighbor. The homeless woman at the bus stop. Even the 45th president of the United States. It. Could. Have. Happened. To Anyone. And yet, it happened to me.

The light across the street barely turned green, the little white man lit up and the color brightened the otherwise dark and empty street around me. My feet found their places on the large white lines that decorated the street. The noise came suddenly. The great screeching of tires started from my left ear and moved towards my right. My heart kicked up at the noise, my body almost frozen as I turned to look in the direction it was coming from. I could feel the moment where we both noticed that it was the end. I could almost picture the, "oh shit" moment the person had on their face as they sped around the corner, not caring about the consequences as they ran the red light. I could barely hear the squeal of the breaks as they tried to stop, but it was too late, my life was over before I knew it.

Or was it?

~~~

Authors Note: Hello everyone! Thank you so much for picking up my story and I hope you like it! Please let me know if you have any questions!