Foreword

E P I G R A P H

"To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves."

Federico García Lorca, Blood Wedding and Yerma

S Y N O P S I S

It all started with a cake.

Kira Miao is a closeted optimist and a romantic at heart but she has to deny these dreamy tendencies of hers in order to preserve her personal and professional relationship with band-frontman Seth Yanagi. They've known each other since high school but Kira never had the opportunity to confess her feelings toward him—she baked him a cake one Valentine's day but it was a few Valentine's days too late. Now she's managing his band and struggling to keep her desires at bay.

Unknown to Kira, Seth's brother Silas Yanagi has always had an interest in her, but kept his distance because of Kira's obvious feelings for his older brother. For Silas, his chance to make his love known escapes him when Kira starts dating Kieran Tan, the owner of a café and concert venue, who is also coincidentally, Seth's close friend.

Love is a complicated business—timing seems to matter more than anything in Kira's case and she can't seem to escape the troubles of an unrequited love. Not everything is sweetness when it comes to affairs of the heart.

P L A Y L I S T

Spotify: @ablush_