1

BEATRICE

"So... ano na?" I asked pissed while a drunk Katt Briones is barfing like crazy in my bathroom. "Ano ba ginawa nyo kay Katt?"

Ken scratched his head looking at Matt, his eyes pleading for him to explain detail by detail what had transpired that lead to this situation.

"Kase..."

"Ayusin mo, Matteo baka ako mismo tumawag sa nanay mo!"

Matt bit her lip in an instant and pushed Ken forward. "Pre." He whispered in desperation.

"What happened was..."

I glared at Ken and he immediately stopped talking. These guys cannot obviously lie. Cannot even state a simple white lie to save their poor lives. Ako lang to guys. Ba't takot umamin?

"The thing is. Katt heard Ken and Matt arguing about how Matt should be honest with Katt that his marriage with Clarence is still going to push through. Tapos ayun ininom ni Katt lahat ng makitang Jack Daniels sa bar sa baba."

Both glared at Chad and my attention was his. Full on. Chismoso din pala to. Matt clenched his fist in an attempt to punch Chad but duh.... We all know he's not macho for that kind of thing. Mas maniniwala pa ako kung si Ken ang mang aamba ng suntok.

I get that Matt is a coward who cannot stand up to his mom. Pero takte. Sila ni Katt. Sila for three years na and he is still bound to get married to our other barkada who is not KATT!! As in ikakasal na siya in two weeks!

I was contemplating what profanities can best fit this situation when suddenly someone barge in my room red faced. As in umuusok ang ilong ni ate mo girl.

"MATTEO SY!!!!!!"

"Swerte mo Matt. Dalawa silang galit." Chimed in Ken with matching dancing ng eyebrows.

"Hoy, Matteo! Akala ko nakausap mo na mama mo!" Clarence said as she moves dangerously close towards Matteo her eyes filled with anger.

"Sige nga kayo nasa situation ko. How can you possibly tell my mom about this!" nagtaas na rin ng boses si Matt. Which made me angrier kasi duh! Seryoso talaga? You cannot even be honest to yourself na may mahal kang iba?

"Matt. You let this drag on for 6 months. You are given half a year to fix it. Puro ka bukas. Ako tatapos ng bukas mo!" Tama naman ako di ba?

Sana naman kung kahapon lang sinabi ni Tita yan. Pero ilan years na rin kasi. It was planned years back when Clarence and her family came back here from the States and conquered a lot of businesses here in the Metro. Char ng Metro.

Mas lalo pang bumango si Clarence when she was named one of the "crazy rich Asians" together with Heart Evangelista. Excuse me naman samin na normal na mamamayan ni Katt di ba? Kami na Crazy Asian lang.

"Ah ok. So Beatrice is here. She can talk some sense into you. Kasi uso din naman puntahan si Katt. Is she even breathing there?" I glanced in my bathroom and Katt is now leaning her head in the bathtub.

"You're a girl you wouldn't know." Aba nagrason pa!!

"Gusto mo opinion ko?" Ay wow nandun pa pala si Chad. I didn't even notice he was still there.

"Beside your conyo accent, go the floor is yours." I can hear Ken trying to stifle his laughter. I know. Chad's tagalog accent gets him every single time.

"I get the point that you're still a coward. I met your mom. I mean I remember when we were in high school and Ken and I visited your house for the first time. Imagine a very Nordic peaceful house tapos she was standing at the top of your staircase with her arms crossed. Like all of a sudden. Parang naging horror house bahay nyo that time."

"So mag rereminisce pa tayo at storytime or you'll go straight to the point?" I butted in. Parang nanglilihis lang to ng conversation. Like his memories of Tita Cheng will lead to a whole new conversation.

Chad cleared his throat and continued on. "As I was saying, before I got rudely interrupted was... Half a year is a generous amount of time to either tell your mom that you're not marrying my cousin or break up with Katt. It's as simple as that. You cannot be in between and marry Clarence tapos you're having an affair with Katt din. Isip isip din, Matt. Pwede mo naman ng ipaubaya si Katt kay Ken. Their names even sound cute together."

Lingid naman kasi sa kaalaman ng lahat... Ken has his dibs on Katt long time na. Sila ni Matt. I mean. Haba ng hair ni ateng. But since elementary pa kami ni Katt nag pinky promise na kami na in the end I'd help her marry Matt. Either sino iship nyo Ken and Katt or Matt and Katt cute pareho.

"I am not in this conversation. Seryoso Francisco wag mo ako idamay dito. I got dibs on another girl."

"Talaga ba? Dibs sa iba pero handa sumuntok sa true love."

It's a serious conversation but you just cannot with Chad lalo na pag nagtagalog.

"B. OF all people. I mean we basically grew together. We'd pass as twins. Same birthday. Same everything. Please understand."

"I do understand, Matt."

"Thanks, B."

"That's why I am giving you a deadline."

Ken patted Matt's shoulder and Chad shook his head.

"24 hours. Clarence or Katt. You do whatever you want to do. I don't care but you need to fvcking stand up for yourself! Magdesisyon ka! Either you control your life or let Tita Cheng dictate your future until you're buried six feet under the ground."

"For the record," Clarence interrupted still caressing Katt's hair as if lulling her to sleep. "Kahit ako piliin. I still do not choose Matt. Ewww. Parang incest."

"MATTEO!!!!" all of a sudden Katt stood up from where she was being half dead and half alive and walked crookedly to Matt. "Matteo minahal kita!" and she collapsed again.

Her left arm was caught by Ken while her right arm was with Matt. Both glanced intently while a drunken "haba ng hair mo girl" Katt is dangling in between them.

Cue Goblin's theme song here