charming introductions.

Daphne and Charlotte were becoming very close friends, especially since they were living in the same house. The Viscountess and her children had been ever so accommodating to Charlotte. So far, Charlotte had had the pleasure of meeting a number of the Bridgerton children: Daphne, of course, Hyacinth, Francesca, Gregory, and the older brothers, Colin and Benedict. However, she was yet to meet one of the Bridgerton siblings, the Viscount Bridgerton, who was away on some "important business," as Daphne had explained.

Today was the day the girls would make their debut to the queen, and Charlotte was terrified. She had experienced quite a traumatizing occurrence once in a public space, involving a horse and her dress, which she preferred not to recall in detail.

"Charlotte, your worrying is futile. You will be utterly extraordinary out there," Daphne said reassuringly from beside her, noticing Charlotte's change in demeanor. The young Bridgerton placed a comforting hand on Charlotte's shoulder, making her jump a bit. "You will be fine, Charley." Over the past few days, Daphne had accumulated several nicknames for Charlotte, and Charley was the only one she could tolerate, as the others were quite embarrassing.

After Daphne's kind words of reassurance, Charlotte took her leave and proceeded to the guest suite where she was staying. The maids took delicate care and time to ensure that Charlotte left her room looking extravagantly lavish and alluring.

Charlotte took steady steps down the grand staircase of Bridgerton House, making sure not to trip. At the bottom of the stairs, she saw a rather stunned-looking Colin watching her every step, a gawking Benedict with a slight grin on his face as he nudged his brother jokingly, and a gorgeous Eloise with a proud smirk plastered on her face.

"Benedict, it is most improper to gawk at a lady, and Colin, you just look foolish!" Eloise remarked, turning slowly to her brothers. Benedict began poking at Eloise's ribs playfully as she attempted to dodge him, while Colin stood rather flustered, still staring.

"Colin dear, pick your jaw up off the ground before you hurt yourself," Charlotte joked, raising an eyebrow. Colin finally snapped out of his daze as Benedict waltzed over to Charlotte, taking her hand and guiding her down the last few steps.

"Charlotte, you look most beautiful, might I say," Benedict announced, grinning. Charlotte smiled at him warmly.

"Thank you, my Lord. You too look handsome."

Eloise laughed at this and muttered under her breath, "Some beg to differ." Benedict caught his sister's sentence and began poking at her ribs once again. Charlotte giggled at Benedict's antics and turned to see Colin by her side.

"You look well, Miss Hamilton," Colin formally told her, taking her hand and placing a gentle kiss on it. Charlotte shook her head slightly at him.

"Colin, you insist on me calling you by your first name, so I insist on you calling me by mine!" Charlotte exclaimed, smiling happily. Colin returned her smile just as brightly and nodded his head, but for some reason, he could not bring himself to say anything and simply walked away.

"Anyway, is our dear sister still not ready?" inquired Benedict. Francesca suddenly appeared beside Eloise.

"She has only been readying herself the whole night," Francesca remarked, raising her eyebrows at her brother. "You mean her entire life!" interjected Eloise, sighing as she did so.

"You mustn't rush perfection, boys. El, you should know that," Charlotte told them, brushing past Eloise and tapping her nose. Charlotte leaned against the pillar opposite the stairs, finally feeling the wrath of her uncomfortable shoes. As she completely let go of her posture, several of the staff, as well as the Bridgerton siblings, stared at her in awe. Charlotte rolled her eyes.