the debut.

"Charlotte, dear! Charlotte!" Violet's voice echoed through the room as she searched frantically for the girl. Daphne's debut was meant to commence in exactly seven minutes, and Charlotte was scheduled to follow right after her. "Daphne, have you seen Charlotte?" Violet huffed, her tone tinged with panic.

"No, Mama, I have—" Daphne began, but before she could finish, Charlotte burst into the room, holding her nose.

"I'm here! I'm here," she panted. Violet quickly took Charlotte's hand and pulled it away from her face, gasping at the sight of blood trickling down toward her mouth.

"Charlotte, what happened?" Violet exclaimed. Charlotte's features tensed, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You're bleeding, dear."

Charlotte gasped and quickly felt her nose, reaching into her small purse to retrieve a handkerchief. She furiously dabbed at her nose while Violet applied powder to the reddened spot.

"I must go now; they are calling us," Violet said, motioning to Daphne. "You will be fine, love. Just keep pressing the powder, and I shall return soon." With that, Violet whisked her daughter away toward the grand doors of the palace.

⭑・゚゚・*:。.。:*゚:*:✼✿・⭑✯・⭑✿✼:*゚:。.。:*・゚゚・⭑

Anthony Bridgerton waited nervously for his sister's arrival. She had been so excited for this day, and she would be so disappointed if it didn't go according to plan. He fidgeted with the watch in his pocket, glancing repeatedly at the queen's stone-cold expression.

"Brother," Benedict nudged Anthony in the elbow, alerting him that Daphne was about to make her debut.

"Miss Daphne Bridgerton, presented by her mother, the Right Honourable Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton." The grand doors opened to reveal Daphne and Lady Bridgerton, who floated up the runway and stood before the queen. Daphne lowered herself into a graceful curtsy, smiling brightly. The queen watched her with intense scrutiny before rising from her throne. Anthony felt a pang of nervousness hit him in the chest as she strode towards his sister. The queen stood there, looking down on Daphne, and lifted her fingers to the girl's chin, raising her face.

"Flawless, my dear," she said, placing a kiss on the top of Daphne's head before retreating to her seat. Anthony's nervousness vanished, replaced by beaming pride. He made his way out of the room to be the first to congratulate his dear sister, leaving his siblings in the hall.

⭑・゚゚・*:。.。:*゚:*:✼✿・⭑✯・⭑✿✼:*゚:。.。:*・゚゚・⭑

Charlotte readied herself as she took Violet's arm.

"Are you ready?" Violet asked her softly. Charlotte looked up at her and took a deep breath.

"Yes, I am as ready as I'll ever be." Violet smiled warmly at Charlotte as they made their way to the doors.

"Miss Charlotte Hamilton, presented by the Right Honourable Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton." The doors once again opened, and Charlotte prepared to take the floor. She walked with a sense of pride, determined to get everything right. Charlotte did not falter. To her surprise, she confidently ambled towards her destination, finally stopping before the queen. Her heart was racing as she lowered herself into a slightly uncomfortable curtsy. Her Majesty watched Charlotte for what felt like an eternity until she rose from her seat. Charlotte's heart now pounded at an alarming rate. The queen then strode towards Charlotte at an excruciatingly slow pace and, to everyone's surprise, lowered herself to Charlotte's level and lifted her chin as she had done before.

"Gorgeous, dear," the queen said. Charlotte beamed at the compliment and began to back away towards the door, still smiling. She returned to the room she had come from, only to be immediately engulfed in Daphne's arms.

"Oh, Charlotte! You did it, and look at how nervous you were. You were amazing," Daphne exclaimed.

Charlotte hugged the Bridgerton back and laughed. "As were you, Daph. As were you."

⭑・゚゚・*:。.。:*゚:*:✼✿・⭑✯・⭑✿✼:*゚:。.。:*・゚゚・⭑

Anthony impatiently paced the hall outside the room where Daphne and her mother remained. He heard a scoff from beside him and turned to see Benedict and Colin walking toward him with looks of mock annoyance.

"Are you pacing, brother? She is not dead, simply celebrating her achievements," Benedict teased.

"I simply wish to be the first to congratulate her, that's it," Anthony stated bluntly. "But anyway, why are you here if not for our sister?" he questioned his brothers.

"We are here for Charlotte," Colin told him. Anthony furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Benedict scoffed again.

"Do not tell me you have forgotten?" Anthony raised an eyebrow at his brother. "Charlotte Hamilton has come to stay with us until her parents come into town." Anthony's memory suddenly jogged; he had forgotten all about it! His face brightened at the thought of a potential bride for one of his brothers and a great friend for Daphne, well, that was until he saw her.

The door opened to allow Violet, Daphne, and Charlotte to make their way through. Anthony hastily went to congratulate his sister, while Benedict and Colin approached Charlotte. She laughed at Colin and Benedict's kind and witty remarks, yet her laughter soon died down as she spotted who was talking to Daphne. Charlotte pushed through Benedict and Colin to face him.

"You!" Charlotte shouted, outraged. Violet and Daphne looked up, shocked at Charlotte's sudden outburst. Anthony whipped his head up to meet the very angry glare of the young brunette, his eyes wide, and he frowned, matching her glare.

"You," he spat back.

**UPDATED VERSION**

Author's note!

dear readers,
I apologise immensely if there are any typos or parts that do not make sense in this chapter, I wrote half of this at 5am and half at 11pm and I now realise how idiotic that decision was. I hope you have enjoyed this chapter nevertheless, please do not be a ghost reader, I highly encourage you to comment as I will be replying to all the ones that require a reply, you can ask questions or just comment upon them, either way I appreciate them a lot!