Chapter 6: The Egg Scarab

A/n: And let the Boss fight..........BEGIN!

BLITZ'S POV:

Eggman:........THE EGG SCARAB!!!

The giant metal bug had a giant spikey ball being rolled with it's hind legs. The front legs moving the bug along.

Eggman: Let's see how you handle THIS!

He began moving the giant insectoid mech.......or is it something else? It can't be an insect since it only has four legs so-

Blaze: BLITZ, WATCH OUT!!

I was immediately kicked outta my thoughts as Robotnik nearly steamrolled me with the giant ball of spikes. Fortunately I had dashed away from him in time to prevent such a thing from happening. Cream and Cheese were watching the scene, cheering Blaze and I on.

Cream: Go Blitz! Go Blaze!

Cheese: Chao Chao!!

I eventually caught a glimpse of the spikes on the ball Robotnik was rolling around retract for a set amount of time. I then calculated how long It'd stay that way as I kept avoiding the Scarab.

Blitz: One.

The spikes hadn't reappeared.

Blitz: Two.

Not yet.

Blaze: What are you counting for?

Blitz: Three.

Still hasn't reappeared.

Blitz: Four-

The spikes jumped back out of the ball. I ran next to Blaze with Robotnik and the Scarab behind us.

Blitz: Blaze! When the spikes on the Scarab's ball retract, I want you to kick it within four seconds of it retracting, got it?

Blaze: What're you talking abou- ooooohhhh. Now I know why you were counting. Got it.

Blitz: Let's do this.

We both kept running until the spikes retracted once more.

Blitz: Blaze, NOW!

Blaze: On it!

Blaze charged towards the ball and gave it a powerful kick in just two seconds, giving her a chance to kick once more.

Blitz: Quick! Back away!

Blaze jumped away just in time to NOT get impaled.

Eggman: Ha! You can't hope to damage my Egg Scarab! It's unstoppable!

That's what they always say. Robotnik then rolled the giant ball away from his Scarab as it came tumbling towards us as the Scarab turned around to grab it once it comes back to him (Note that they're fighting in circles for those who haven't played Sonic Rush) I then got an idea.

Blitz: Blaze, you and I will force the ball to roll the opposite direction when the spikes retract, forcing the ball to tumble towards the Egg Scarab's cockpit, therefore damaging the mech entirely.

Blaze nodded as the ball rolled towards us, spikes retracted. Blaze and I prepped our strongest punch/kick.

Blitz/Blaze: HYAAA!!!

Blaze kicked while I punched the ball as it charged towards our target. It slammed right into the back of the mech as the ball went flying away from where we were as the Scarab was upside down. Unfortunately.....

Eggman: Grrrr! You really think I only brought ONE ball? OHOHOHO!!! You're sadly mistaken!

Suddenly, he flipped the Scarab back into position and out the back of the mech, another ball launched out.