A Truce and A Gift

*Hello! This story will be only available here up to chapter 5 or so. The story has been signed with hi_novel!! I have submitted it to their platform and werewolf contest. It would be so very appreciated if you enjoyed this story here, to leave a like and comment on Hi_novel to support it and help Where Loyalties Lie get reads. Also that is where the second part of this story will be placed as well. When I start the next part, which will be named Where Loyalties Meet, I will give the first chapter or so here but the rest will be on hi_novel.

Thank you so much for all the votes and reads on this story. I will provide a link at the end of the chapter to it and in my bio. You can always search my author name Lee C to find the stories published there. 

Chapter 1

"I think that we have reached an understanding. We will stay from your lands, back you if there is need and you will do for us." The two men were standing in an open space before a rather stoney keep that was on the side of the mountain. The snow was coming down rather quickly in thick flakes but there was no wind at the moment.

The first man who had his back to the keep and owned this wild mountainous lands had no expression on his handsome face. He was tall with broad shoulders and a powerful build, clearly fit the image of one that would rule these lands. There was a seriousness to him as well and his hazel colored eyes were rather piercing. His dark chocolate brown hair ruffled in the sudden wind that was gone a moment later.

"Past transgressions are not forgotten Michael. We may have a truce for now, but I more than remember what you have done. You might not have been very successful in my lands, but you have stomped on others who get in bed with you." His voice was deep and he did not give Michael a title which did obviously rub the man the wrong way, but they weren't friends. Ky was not seeing anything more here than a truce that he'd keep, but Michael would probably break.

"Does that mean you do not want the truce?" Michael asked in a stoic tone. He was shorter than Ky with dark blonde nearly brown hair. His eyes were shrewed, a light brown almost tan color. They were both wearing dark clothing. Though Michael and his men had thicker warmer clothes on. He had a good number with him, all on horses.

"No, that's not what it means. I'll honor what was decided, as long as you do. I am just stating a general observation. I keep my people in check, make sure you keep yours. After all we helped you more than us getting help I believe. Just barbaric inhumans up here as you put it, lacking intelligence and easy to take from."

"Words I confess were said in ignorance, and I am aware of damage done by groups that were unknown to me. Leadership along our borders has been fixed. I can see earning forgiveness is hard with you."

"Forgiveness is not what you want. Respect however is a far harder item to get." Michael made a motion and a horse moved forward at the break in the crowd. There was no shift from the few back a bit from where Ky stood. His trusted guard, but even with the higher number before them at the moment. Michael was not in his lands, and Ky was not what he appeared. It would be the last thing they ever did if they attacked here at his front door. His hospitality was wearing thin.

"I have payment for what was taken or destroyed. An apology when you might not take it from my lips. The horse stopped by him and the rider got off swiftly. The form was hidden below the black thick cloak, but you could tell it was a woman. The hood was up but there was a flash of a deep blue dress and black satin hair. Ky narrowed his gaze what exactly did Michael think he was offering?

"What exactly do you think is worth the damage your people caused?" He asked, he wasn't stupid. The attacks he was talking about were not some rouges that slipped through. Michael had ordered some of those attacks to test Ky's reaction time and defenses. He knew because they had gotten it out of a few of the captured men.