Walking Backwards

Walking Backwards

Addison can't walk this morning, and it's not because of poison oak.

Addison Montgomery is stumbling around the hospital bridge in the morning, and it makes Meredith Grey smirk at her.

"What's up with her?" Cristina whispers.

"Oh, I don't know..." Meredith says vaguely.

"Okay, what's up with you?" Cristina asks her.

"Nothing," says Meredith, mostly convincingly.

Cristina switches the topic back to herself, while Meredith continues to enjoy the mental image of Addison almost falling over on her high-heels.

Last night, Meredith Grey took a trek out to the Shepherd's trailer in search of sex. She expected Derek, but he isn't there, but Addison is. And that doesn't bother her.

"I'm here for a good fuck," Meredith says plainly.

"Huh?" says Addison, as she greets her at the door.

"I'm here for some passionate, loud, athletic sex," Meredith clarifies.

"You know that Derek isn't home right?" says Addison.

"So do you want some passionate, loud, athletic sex then?" Meredith shrugs at her.

Addison walks (stumbles) until she can find Dr. Bailey, and she pulls her aside quickly.

"I need a consult," she whisper-shouts.

"I'm not working today," replies Bailey.

"I need a consult," says Addison pointedly.

"Alright let's make this quick," says Bailey.

Addison couldn't be more relieved.

"Well, Dr. Grey. This is probably the last thing I expected," chirps Addison.

"You look like you need it. And I can do it for you. What are you like? What do you like? Now these are the burning questions," says Meredith.

"Have you been sleeping with my husband all this time?" Addison asks her.

"If I have been, and then I sleep with you also, does it even matter?" says Meredith.

"Does he know about this?" Addison asks her.

"Do you want him to?" Meredith asks Addison, challengingly.

"Can you describe the pain?" says Dr. Bailey.

"I'm just incredibly sore," says Addison, sighing.

"Do you want me to look," says Bailey.

"Sure, why not," says Addison.

"Well," says Bailey, as she examines her. "At least you don't have poison oak down there."

Addison laughs limply.

"Well, come in then," Addison bites her lip, and Meredith grins at her.

"You're pretty," Meredith smiles. "I've always respected you. And found you alluring," she adds, as she heads for the bed in two strides.

She's been here before, lots of times, and there's no use in pretending she hasn't.

What's different this time is that it's Addison who is following her there, and watching her, open-mouthed, as she doesn't even undress herself.