Chapter 9: Blast To The Past

A/n: Alright, let's go further down this trail of mystery, shall we?

BLITZ'S POV (Flashback):

I was sitting on top of a large ship with a different attire. I had blue eyes as well instead of red.

(A/n: My device hates me so I can only describe the outfit to you. It's rather easy. Imagine Blitz in Eggman's outfit. There. Like I said. Not that difficult.)

???: Blitz?

(A/n: Yeah. I know. Adorabl-HEART ATTACK!!!! *falls*)

A child was sitting next to me as we watched the beautiful ocean reflecting the sun's rays, forming an even more beautiful sight.

Blitz: Yes, Violet?

Violet: What do you think is out there? On land?

Blitz: Many things? Why do you ask?

Violet: Well......I was hoping.......maybe one day we could visit the land. We're almost always at sea, and even if we went to land, I don't get the chance to see much of what's on the land. Also the doctor keeps me inside the ship in my room.

Blitz: I see.

Violet was raised on this very ship. She never left it. The Doctor wouldn't allow it. According to him, it's unsafe for her to actually leave, for reasons I'm unaware of. My purpose on this ship is to occupy Violet and keep her happy, and to protect her from any harm, and for as long as I can remember, we've been very close friends. We stayed silent for a few minutes.

Blitz: I can describe what the land is like.

Violet: Really?

Blitz: Yes. I learned about it by studying various files on one of the computers here.

Violet: Ooooo. Tell me.

Violet turned to face me with a beaming smile.

Blitz: Well, according to the files I've seen, the landscape is very diverse. Some of the land is filled with large amounts of sand. Those are called deserts. Not much lives there and it's very hot. Then there's the average fields and forests. Lush and green and filled with average wildlife such as birds, rabbits, squirrels, and other animals.

Violet: Oh. I bet they're sooooo cute!

I chuckled at her reaction as she hugged herself, squealing as she imagined one of the animals being extremely adorable.

Blitz: Then there's the mountains. Only the most skilled of animals live there. Animals such as mountain goats and mountain lions, also known as cougars, live there and specialize in climbing. And there's also the tundra, a snowy environment where only the fluffiest of animals live.

Violet: Like cute fuzzy bunnies?

Blitz: Correct. Animals such as the snow hare, moose, and the wolf live there. Wolves live in various environments though.

Violet: Like you. *Giggles*

Blitz: Indeed, like me. But I'm pretty different from those average wolves.

Violet: Yeah. Because you're my best buddy!

Violet giggled once again as she wrapped me in a hug. I smiled as I hugged back.

Blitz: And you are my best buddy as well.

We broke the hug and watched as the sun began to set.

Violet: It's so pretty.

Blitz: Agreed. It's very nice.

I then remembered something.

Blitz: Oh, I have something to show you. Come on.

I took Violet's hand as I lead her to her room.

Blitz: Alright, I learned of a certain species of flower, and.....well......It's better if I showed you.

I opened the door for Violet to see two violets, both in vases and each one next to a window to receive a fair amount of sunlight.

Violet: Wow!

Blitz: They're called violets. I figured I'd ask Doctor Robotnik to grab some seeds so I could plant them for you, and he gladly obliged.

Violet: They're so pretty. I love them! Thank you so much.

Once again, she hugged me as I hugged back.

Blitz: Don't forget to thank the Doctor.

Violet: You're the best, Blitz.

Blitz: So are you, Violet.

We both smiled, as the screen faded to white.

BLITZ'S POV (End of flashback):

I woke up after a long rest as I hear a familiar voice.

???: Hey, man. Wake up.

I open my eyes to see someone I didn't expect to see.

Blitz: Wait, Aero? What're you doing here?

A/n: It seems we've taken a good sneak peak at Blitz's past, but there's still questions to be answered. What happened to Violet?
Why did Blitz leave the Eggman Empire? What more could possibly be hidden in his past? And most of all, why is Aero with Blitz and not back in the city? Stay tuned.

By the way, next update will be Aero's bio.