Chapter 12: Blitz's Past

A/n: Let's delve into Blitz's past, shall we? Btw this is long as hell.

BLITZ'S POV (Several years into the past):

I worked with Doctor Robotnik for as long as I could remember. We would find ways to combat the Blue Hedgehog, Sonic, but fail every time.

I would've been driven mad by these losses had it not been for the one person who cared for me being there to calm me down.....

.....Her name was Violet.

She didn't have a last name, oddly. Nor did she have any parents, so the Doctor was like a father to her. I was her best friend. Her only friend. Besides two robots Robotnik keeps around. Of course they only stayed at his base of operations, currently in the space station. Their names were Orbot and Cubot. They were rather silly, but that's what Violet liked about them. They weren't so serious like all the other bots, and they became her friends too.

Of course, I never communicated much with the two since I was either busy with Robotnik or spending time with Violet, but I didn't mind the either.

Violet and I.......we were inseparable. We were the best of friends. I was there for her......and she was there for me. We helped each other through our ups and downs. She was my best......and only friend that I ever had.

One day, she asked me to bring her to visit a nearby village, since she'd never seen one before. I obliged, but knew Robotnik wouldn't allow it. So, being the fool I was back then....

....I snuck out with her.

We walked through the village, I was in a different outfit so I wasn't recognized immediately as "the wolf working with Eggman". Violet and I were enjoying our visit, but then.....

It happened.

The village was attacked by nine other than Robotnik's robots, but strangely, their attack patterns were sloppy, and they seemed to be chasing just us. We had to run. We had to try and escape.

I was running with Violet, holding her hand, as we neared a clear exit from the village, but then three Badniks blocked the way. I punched two of them, but the third hit me to the ground. Expecting it to attack once more, I raised my arms to block, but instead........it walked right by. Towards Violet. Several other Badniks surrounded her as she looked at them with fear in her eyes.

Violet: Blitz! Help me!!

The Badniks got closer as I ran to attack the bots in order to protect Violet, but I could only take three down before they held me down as I could do nothing but watch what was about to unfold.

Blitz: No.....NO!! LET ME GO!!! DON'T HURT HER!!!!

The Badniks them grabbed Violet by the arms as they brought her closer to me.

Violet: Blitz!! What's going on!? Why are they acting like this!?

Blitz: I don't know. Don't worry, Vi! I'll get us out of-

SHINNNNG!

I couldn't finish as my eyes looked on in horror as a shadowy figure stood behind her, staring into my eyes with it's cold and dark glare, but that's not what horrified me. What shocked me to my very core was......

........a blade sticking out of Violet's chest.

Violet: B......B-Blitz?

Blitz: NonononoNONO!!! VIOLET!!!!!

The figure took the blade out of Violet's chest and........ disappeared. The Badniks let both of us go as I ran to Violet, catching her as we sat on the ground.