Chapter 18: Blitz and Shadow, the Ultimate Tag Team (Blitz vs. Aero Pt. 2)

A/n: Time for Pt. 2. Let's go!

BLITZ'S POV:

*PLAY MUSIC*

Shadow and I enter our battle stances.

Aero: Do you two REALLY believe you can stop your inevitable demise!? HA!! You'll soon find out that you're sadly mistaken.

Blitz: One way or another, we will defeat you, Aero.

Shadow: And just to warn you, no one has defeated the both of us at once.

Aero: That's about to change.

Aero prepared a bunch of floating ice spikes. A lot more than he can normally do. Wait, how is he doing that? There's no way he should be able to create that many. I then notice the gem embedded in his chest. Aero realizes this.

Aero: Hm. You seem to have a great interest in this gem.

Aero launched all the ice spikes. Shadow grabs my arm.

Shadow: Chaos CONTROL!!!

We both appeared on the other side of the room, avoiding the spikes.

Aero: You remember how I mentioned your Phoenix Ruby, correct?

Now that I think about it, I do. Despite being in that menacing form earlier, I heard his explanation on the Ruby.

Aero: This is it's polar opposite: The Frost Sapphire.

Shadow: That explains his ice ability.

Blitz: So, where'd you get it? Did you murder some other poor kid, you monster!?

Aero snickered.

Aero: Actually, much to my surprise, no. I was actually born with this gem. Just like poor Vi-

I suddenly appear behind Aero and impale him in the shoulder with my flame sword. My eyes dilated in anger.

Blitz: You lost the right to say her name. So be quiet!

I pulled my sword out and slashed Aero's back, causing him to fall forward, giving Shadow the opportunity to uppercut him, launching him up slightly.

Blitz: You look cold, Aero. How about I warm you up.

I prepared two fireballs and tossed them at Aero, exploding on impact and sending him slamming into the window overlooking Mobius, which seemed to be getting closer by the minute.

Aero: You fools! You can't possibly think that buffoon of a Doctor can save you or this ship! No matter what, you'll both die her-

Shadow and I punched Aero in the stomach.

Blitz: Shut up already!

Aero's body seemed to turn to ice and dissipate. Our eyes widened in shock.

Blitz/Shadow: What?

Next thing we knew, we were launched away from each other with two swift kicks from behind, leaving a cut on one cheek due to the blades on his shoes. It seems Aero used an Ice Clone of some sort to distract us as he prepped a sneak attack for us.

Aero: Hehe. This new form of mine is pretty nice. I can make more ice to control. I can make clones! I wonder what more I can do. Well......let's find out.

Suddenly, Aero made another ice clone to attack Shadow, with the real one bolting towards me as I rematerialized my flame sword and we clashed blades.

Aero: Just give up! You can't beat that which is divine!

He really seems to believe he's a god now.