Chapter 20: It Ends Here! Blitz vs Aero Finale

A/n: It's time! The final showdown! The big climax! It's here! Let's see how it goes, my peoples!!

BLITZ'S POV:

Aero: Hehehehehe........you seriously thought......you could kill a God!? *Coughs violently*

Shadow and Blaze were about to enter their battle stance, but I walked in front of them.

Blitz: No.

Blaze: What do you mean "no"!?

Blitz: This..... I started all this....... It should be me........ Who finishes it.

Blaze: But-!!

Shadow: We understand, Blitz.

Blaze: Shadow!?

Shadow: Blaze. This is his between him and Aero. At least let him finish this himself. He deserves that much.

Blaze: I-

Blitz: Blaze.......please.

She stood silent for a minute. Then.....

Blaze: Alright......fine.

Blitz: Blaze.......

She looked at me with watery eyes. I smile and give her a thumbs up with my right arm, since my left was broken.

Blitz: Don't worry. I'll *cough* I'll be fine. My left arm may by useless right now, but I can take him.

I turn back to Aero with a look of determination. I was ready for what comes next.

Aero ran towards me, and I ran to him. We exchanged punches and kicks multiple times.

Aero: I may have one arm, but that won't stop me from finishing you!

Blitz: You can try.....but you'll lose.

Aero: GYAAAAA!!!!!

Aero pulled me towards him and kicked me to the gut, reopening my stab wound that had just stopped bleeding.

Blitz: AGH!!!

Blaze: BLITZ!!!

She tried to run to help me, but Shadow held her back. Good. I should be the one to finish this. On my own. Just as I always wanted.

Aero: How bold of you to *coughs* fight me on your own, weak and bloodied.

Blitz: The same *coughs* goes for you.

We both put each other in a hold, which went into a stalemate. We let go and headbutt each other. Aero locked his left hand with my right. We continued to headbutt each other, then just resorted to pushing our heads against each other.

Aero: Why...... won't you just.......die!?

Blitz: Heh.....I guess...... I'm just too stubborn to do so.

Aero: GrrrrrrAAAAHHHH!!!!

Aero was using whatever energy he had left to float up and hold me by the arm over the ledge that used to be the wall.

Aero: Well now.......time to die......... Blitz.

I remained silent for a moment......but then....

Blitz: If I'm going to die....

I used all the power I had in the Phoenix Ruby to make one last fireball.....

.....and aimed for Aero's wings.

Blitz: We die........TOGETHER!!!

I fired at Aero's icy wings, destroying one and sending us over the ledge, plummeting our way to Mobius' atmosphere.

Blaze: BLIIIIITTTTttttzzzz......

As I heard Blaze yell my name one last time, Aero fell alongside me.

Aero: Hehe.....you fool. You were willing.....to use everything you had.......to finish me? At the cost of your own life?

Blitz: If it meant I could protect everyone......and avenge Violet......I don't care.

Neither one of us moved as we fell. We just fell calmly, knowing this was the end for both of us. We had used the last of our energy, and our stamina, to try and finish each other off. Our bodies began to burn up from re-entry, but my tolerance to fire and Aero's ice nullified the heat that would normally kill the average person.

Aero: Tell me.......how were you able......to defeat me?

I looked at Aero.

Blitz: I had......I had help......from Shadow......from Blaze.......from everyone...........they helped me......all of them.

Aero: I see......

We noticed that we were falling past the clouds now.

Aero: So this is it........this is the end, isn't it?

Blitz: Yeah........*chuckles* and I never got......to tell her.

Aero: What?

Blitz: Blaze.......I never got to......tell her I love her.......

Aero: Oh........I......

Blitz: I'm sorry.......for everything.

Aero looked at me and smirked.

Aero: You and I........both know I can't be saved........even if we survive........I'd end up trying to kill you again.

I looked down to the ever approaching ground. This is it.

The end of my journey.

End of the line.

I'll finally get to see her again.....

I'll see you soon.....

Violet.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

A/n: This was pretty emotional for me to write, not gonna lie. Stick around for more cuz I ain't done yet, alright?