After a movie

It was a warm summer evening. Sarah and Rachel were walking home from the local movie theater.

"Did you see that couple that walked in a bit after the movie started?" Rachel asked.

"Yes, I did. They were cute. They were holding hands", Sarah replied.

"Yeah. And they shared pop corns. The shorter one was Jenny", Rachel smiled.

"Oh, I didn't know she was in a relationship", Sarah was a little surprised.

"She has added the date 16th of June on her Instagram bio", Rachel explained.

"Do you know anyone else who has the same date on their bio?" Sarah asked.

"I have no idea. I didn't even see their face because it was so dark", Rachel shook her head.

"They had short hair, that's all I saw", Sarah tried to think.

Suddenly Rachel and Sarah heard footsteps behind them.

"Hi guys!" Jenny's voice was cheerful.

Rachel and Sarah turned around and saw Jenny with a short-haired human being.

"Hi Jenny! Is this your new significant other?" Rachel asked politely.

"Yes, in fact, they are. This is Jay and they use they and them pronouns", Jenny was glowing.

"Yeah, I'm a non-binary", Jay smiled.

"I'm Rachel and this is Sarah, my best friend", Rachel told.

"Nice to meet you. I'm glad to meet Jenny's friends", Jay said.

"You're not from our school, are you?" Sarah asked.

"No, I'm not. I moved here last summer, and I go to the high school downtown", Jay explained.

"I wanted to change schools because of Jay but because it's our senior year we thought that we don't have to see each other at school every day", Jenny told and grabbed Jay's hand.

"You two are a very sweet and cute couple", Sarah smiled.

"She's a hopeless romantic", Rachel explained to Jay.

Jenny and Jay laughed.

"I think we have to go now. My parents and little brothers are visiting our grandparents and the house is empty", Jenny said.

"Wait, did you say brothers? I thought you had one brother and one sister", Sarah was confused.

"I still have two younger siblings. My sister came out of the closet as trans and now I have two brothers. His name is Jackson, by the way", Jenny told.

"What did your parents say?" Rachel got curious.

"They were okay with it, like they were okay with me being a bisexual with a preference for women and other genders and dating Jay who's not a girl or a boy. Our grandparents are also very liberal and they're also okay with everything", Jenny explained.

"That's really nice! I wish every parent was like that", Rachel smiled.

"That would be almost like a paradise", Jay agreed.

"But now, we let you two go back home. Have a nice night!" Rachel winked and laughed.

"Goodnight!" Sarah waved.

"See you soon, idiots!" Jenny said jokingly.

"It was nice to meet you!" Jay grabbed their lover's waist and waved to Rachel and Sarah.

The four youngsters separated, and the summer evening was beautiful.