4.1

Domonique is watching the grill as she and Dom talk about the car and race wars. Letty, Eliza, Leon, and Vince pull up in the driveway having went to pick up the groceries they needed.
"I'm outta here," Vince says as he hands his bags to Leon, having seen Brian.
"Come on, dog," Leon tries to stop him.
"Yo, Moni," Letty says as she looks at Domonique.
"Vince, get over here and give us a hand," Domonique calls as Vince starts walking back to his car.
"Looks like you got all the help you need, sister," Vince says before getting into his car and driving off.

"Eliza!" Dom calls as he puts BBQ sauce on the chicken.
"Mia! The chicken's dry!" Domonique tells her trying to get her to hurry.
"All right. We're coming out already," Mia says as she brings out a bowl of rolls. She is followed by Eliza with a salad as she is followed by Jesse and Brian, who are carrying the beers.
"Beautiful," Domonique says as Mia hugs Dom and Domonique before they all go sit at the table with Dom and Domonique sitting at each end of the table. Jesse grabs a piece of chicken and puts it on his plate.
"Hey, hold up," Dom tells him with a stern look.
"Because you were the first to reach in to get the chicken, you say grace," Domonique explains to him with a smile before crossing her hands.
"Dear heavenly..." Jesse starts but doesn't know how to continue.
"Spirit," Leon says helping him out.
"Spirit. Thank you," Jesse says. "Thank you for providing us with a direct port nitrous injection, four core intercoolers and ball-bearing turbos and titanium valve springs. Thank you."
"Amen," Eliza says as she and Leon clap.
"Not bad," Dom tells him with a smile.
"He was praying to the car gods, man," Letty says causing Domonique to smile before they start fixing their plates.
"Look who it is. "Old Coyotes 'R' Us"," Leon says causing them to look up and see Vince walking up.
"I thought you weren't hungry, pumpkin," Eliza says with a smirk.
"You know, I gotta eat," Vince says with a shrug.
"He's always hungry," Letty says in agreement.
"All right, sit down," Domonique says before Vince walks over and kisses the back of Dom's head.
"How you doing, Mia?" Vince asks as he walks to his seat. Vince kisses Domonique on the cheek before sitting across from Brian. Vince grabs Brian's beer before water falling some into his mouth. Brian takes a drink of his beer after Vince sets it back down.
"You coming from the hospital, Vince?" Domonique asks as everyone fixes their plates. Vince nods as he sets his beer down.
"Yeah," Vince says quietly.
"How's your mother doing?" Dom asks him with a slight frown.
"They're giving her shit for the pain," Vince answers him with a shrug.
"What are they giving her?" Mia asks him as she looks at him.
"Something that I can't pronounce," Vince answers her with a small smile.
"Let's make sure we put a plate of food together. Save something for her," Domonique says as she looks at Vince, causing Letty to smile at her. "Tell her we all said Hello."
"She'd appreciate that," Vince says with a small nod.
"Let's eat some grub, man," Letty says as she pats Vince on the back.
"So, what's on your mind speed racer?" Dom asks as he looks at Brian. "What are you thinking about?"
"Nothing," Brian says as he slightly shakes his head before grabbing his beer.
"You're in deep thought over there," Domonique says with a smile.
"I just think this is nice," Brian says as he looks around the table
"What's nice?" Dom asks him confused.
"All this," Brian answers him as he motions around the table. "You know the picnic and the barbecue. It's like a family."
"What are you? An orphan?" Letty questions him with a raised eyebrow.
"No, it's just whenever I show up my dad always calls the cops," Brian jokes with her causing everyone to laugh.
"That's funny," Domonique says as she slaps the table before pointing at Brian. "No cops at the Toretto's house." Vince and Brian take a drink of their beers as they stare at each other. "Rule number one."

Vince had a feeling that Brian was a cop so Dom, Domonique, Jesse, and Vince followed Brian from the house. When they caught up to him, they found him sneaking into Hector's garage. Vince, Dom, and Domonique are waiting in the shadows as Brian drops back down to the ground. Vince quickly knocks him out with his shotgun.
"He moans like a cop," Vince says as Brian wakes up.
"Brian, this is one of those times you need to be clear about what you say. Nod if you understand me," Domonique explains as she crosses her arms across her chest.
"Nod!" Vince orders as he points the shotgun in Brian's face before Brian nods.
"Sit up," Dom orders him with a glare. "Tell me what the hell you're doing down here."
"Shit. What I'm doing?" Brian says as he sits up and holds his head. "Moni, I owe you a 10-second car. And what this is about, this is about Race Wars. I just went in there, and Hector is gonna be running three Honda Civics with Spoon engines. And on top of that, he just came into Harry's and he ordered three T66 turbos, with NOS and a MoTeC system exhaust."
"So, what are you saying? You're gonna check everybody's shit out, one garage after another?" Domonique questions him with an raised eyebrow.
"Yeah. Because, Moni, you know I can't lose again," Brian answers her as he looks up at her.
"He's a cop," Vince says as he looks between Domonique and Dom. "He's a cop!" Dom looks at Domonique, who slightly shrugs her shoulders because she didn't believe that he is a cop, plus she didn't want to ruin her sisters chance at love.
"You a cop?" Domonique asks Brian, who shakes his head no. "Let's go for a little ride."
"Walk!" Vince orders Brian as they head to Jesse's car.
"Okay. You stand watch," Dom tells Jesse as he drops them off outside of Tran's garage. Vince helps Domonique over the fence before they climb up to the roof and sneak inside.
"Yo, Domonique. There's no engines," Vince says as they walk over to the cars.
"What are they planning on racing with, hopes and dreams?" Dom asks sarcastically.
"I don't know, but they're sneaky as shit and they've got enough money to buy anything," Domonique explains as Dom notices Brian walking around. He goes to walk over to him but stops as his phone rings.
"What?" Dom answers Jesse.
"We got a wolf pack. It's Johnny Tran, and he's coming your way really fast," Jesse explains before Dom hangs up.
"All right, we got company," Dom tells Domonique, who looks for Vince and Brian.
"Spilner. Come on. Move!" Domonique says as they quickly hide behind the cars in the back of the garage. Vince pulls out a hand gun as Domonique hides beside him.
"Let me ask you a question, Ted," Johnny asks as Lance walks Ted over to him at gun point. "Do you see anything wrong here?"
"No," Ted answers before Johnny pushes Ted's head into the hole.
"We got no engines, do we?" Johnny asks him.
"No," Ted answers. "A couple of Nissan SR20 motors will pull a premium one week before Race Wars, huh?"
"Yeah, probably," Ted answers.
"You're a smart fence, Ted. Maybe too smart," Johnny says as he takes off his jacket. "What are you feeling, Lance? A 40-weight? A 50-weight?"
"A 40-weight sounds nice," Lance answers before Johnny throws Ted to the ground. Johnny holds Ted on the ground while putting a hose near his mouth. Lance pumps oil through the hose causing it to pour all over Ted's face and in his mouth. Domonique rolls her eyes before she and Dom share a look.
"Where are they, Ted? Where are they?" Johnny questions Ted.
"Enough!" Ted gets out.
"Where are they?" Johnny asks again.
"They're in a warehouse," Ted answers causing Johnny and Lance to stop with the oil. "They're in a warehouse, man!"
"Ted. Kiss my shoes?" Johnny ask as he wipes his hands off. Ted crawls over to Johnny only to be kicked in the face. "Let's go get our engines." They leave before Domonique, Dom, Vince , and Brian sneak out the way they came in.

The next day Domonique, Jesse, Dom, Letty, Leon, Mia, Eliza, and Brian are at the garage working on the car.
"Got a TR7 here, with a ball-bearing upgrade. What it's going to do is, it's going to spool up really quick," Jesse explains as he, Leon, Eliza, and Letty work on the engine.
"I got this set up for 24 psi," Letty tells Jesse as she works on her part.
"Got it," Jesse says with a nod.
"You got big plans tonight?" Dom asks Brian as they work on the car.
"Yeah. We're going out to dinner," Brian answers.
"You break her heart, I'll break your neck," Domonique tells him as Dom nods in agreement, while Letty smiles at Domonique's protectiveness of her sister.
"That's not gonna happen," Brian says before Domonique and Dom share a look while Domonique grabs a rag.
"I want to show you something," Domonique says as she wipes her hands off before handing the rag Dom, who then hands it to Brian. Domonique takes them back to the Toretto household before she leads them to the garage. Dom opens it to reveal a 1970 Dodge Charger and a 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.

"Wow," Brian says as he looks at both of the cars in amazement

"Me and my dad built her. Nine hundred horses of Detroit muscle," Dom explains as he points at the Charger. "Moni, my dad, and his friend built him."
"They're beasts," Brian says as he still looks at the cars in amazement.
"You know what she ran in Palmdale?" Dom asks him as he points at his car.
"No. What?" Brian answers as he looks at Dom.
"Nine seconds flat," Dom answers with a proud smile.
"God," Brian says in amazement.
"Our dad was driving. So much torque, the chassis twisted coming off the line. Barely kept her on the track," Domonique explains with a smile.
"So, what's either of your best time?" Brian asks as he looks between the twins.
"We've never driven her," Domonique answers before glancing at her car. "Or the Firebird."
"Why not?" Brian asks them confused.
"They scare the shit out of us," Dom answers him before Domonique turns and points at a picture on the wall.
"That's our dad. He was coming up in the pro stock-car circuit. Last race of the season. A guy named Kenny Linder came up from inside, in the final turn. He clipped his bumper and put him into the wall at 120. We watched our dad burn to death. I remember hearing him scream. But the people that were there said he had died before the tanks blew. They said it was me who was screaming," Domonique explains as she walks around the car. Dom squeezes her shoulder in comfort. "I saw Linder about a week later. I had a wrench, and I hit him. And I didn't intend to keep hitting him, but when I finished, I couldn't lift my arm." Brian sits down as he takes in all the information, having believed that Dom was the one to beat Linder. "Dom took the blame but it was me that did it. He's a janitor at a high school. He has to take the bus to work every day. And they banned us from the tracks for life. We live our lives a quarter-mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not our team and all their bullshit. For those 10 seconds or less, we're free." They leave the garage. Brian takes Mia on a date while the team hijacks another truck.