nine ; that's all for everyone

I can't stayI can't deceiveThat's all for everyoneMust be just exactly what I need

I can't stay
I can't deceive
That's all for everyone
Must be just exactly what I need

Prom was now two weeks away. Leora had yet to buy herself a dress as her life as a vigilante at night and a senior in high school during the day had kept her schedule fairly busy. Finals were in three weeks and whenever Leora did have time off, it was spent studying for a future she wished she could get if she ever broke from her mother's grasp.

After school one day while on their way to Leora's apartment to study, Jacque decided to stop in the middle of the footpath and the scratched the back of his neck anxiously.

"Do you want to come back to my place instead?" He randomly asked.

Leora was taken aback. He had never asked her over to his house before, and she never really thought about it. "Your place? I've never been to yours."

"I know, it's just my dad will be busy at work and I'll probably be alone until morning." Jacque never talked about his father and whenever he was brought up, Jacque just mentioned how different and difficult his father was.

Leora gave Jacque a small and warm smile, relaxing the boy dramatically. "Yeah, sure. What should I expect?"

Jacque chuckled lightly. "Not Wayne Manor, that's for sure."

Leora snorted. "Hilarious."

"But I also don't live in a nice apartment like you and your mom," he continued. "It's kinda small; two bedrooms, kitchen beside the living and dining room, and one bathroom."

Leora held his hand and smiled lightly. "I'm sure it's great, Jacque. I can't wait to come over."

Jacque smiled back. "Yeah. Yeah, it'll be great."

It didn't take them long to reach his apartment. He lived on the fourth floor in South Gotham. The apartment complex wasn't all that clean and definitely wasn't made for the upper class Gotham residents.

Jacque put the key through the lock and opened up the door. Leora stepped inside and looked around the small space. She didn't really know what to expect, but by the looks of things, it definitely did remind her of Jacque with the random books scattered everywhere. Leora also noted that there were no paintings or photos anywhere insight, a small two seat couch and a single chair, television, and a small round table with three chairs.

"So, this is it," Jacque said as he flipped the light switch on.

"This isn't bad, Jacque," Leora told him as she looked around, calming down the extremely anxious teenager. She could just smell how nervous and sick he felt as he awaited his closest friends' opinion on his home. Leora turned to him and smiled. "It's lovely. Makes me feel better than my own place."