Chapter 2

Y/n's POV

I entered the Great Hall and saw it filled with students. I walked to the Slytherin table and waited for Dumbledore to finish his speech so we could eat.

After a few minutes of his talking, we finally began our meal. Draco sat beside me, along with Goyle, Crabbe, and Pansy.

As I was eating, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I glanced at the Ravenclaw table, but Luna wasn't looking my way. Then I looked over at the Gryffindor table but didn't see anyone staring. Shrugging it off, I continued with my meal.

Once dinner was over, I left the Great Hall and headed back to the Slytherin common room.

Draco's POV

Hi, my name is Draco Lucius Malfoy, and I am the younger brother of the legendary witch, Y/n Malfoy.

All the students here at Hogwarts call her a legendary witch because of her exceptional skill in witchcraft.

She's my inspiration to be strong. I love her, even though she's always rude to me. Despite her cold demeanor towards others, she has a soft spot for our mom.

I don't understand why she's always so rude to everyone, especially me. She gets annoyed whenever I call her "sister." All I want is for her to pay me some attention and not always be buried in her books.

While we were eating, I noticed her looking around, so I did the same. That's when I spotted that Muggle-born, Granger, staring at my sister—more like admiring her. But when Y/n looked over at the Gryffindor table, Granger quickly looked away.

I smirked as I saw Granger blush.

'Tsk, that mud blood, she's crushing on my sister.'

Y/n's POV

I'm inside my dorm now, and thankfully, I have it all to myself since I requested it from Lucius. Yes, I don't call him Father when he's not around. That's Draco's thing, always saying, "My father will hear about this," or some other nonsense. He's a disgrace to the Malfoy family anyway.

I opened one of my books and started to read when I felt that familiar burning sensation at the back of my neck again.

"Arghh, it's burning again"

I muttered, tracing the scar at the back of my neck with my fingertips. I stopped abruptly as I heard something—no, someone—inside the walls.

Hermione's POV

"Good morning, everyone," Professor Sprout said as she entered Greenhouse Three.

"Good morning, Professor Sprout," we all responded in unison.

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years. Gather around, everyone," she instructed. Once we were all gathered, she continued, "Today we're going to re-pot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?"

I raised my hand immediately.

"Yes? Ms. Granger?"

"Mandrakes, or Mandragora, are used to return those who have been Petrified to their original state. They are also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it," I finished, a smile spreading across my face as Professor Sprout nodded approvingly.

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor," she said, making my smile widen even more.

Author's POV