zero

NATHAN Brown.

          At school, he was just "Nate".

          Outgoing and energetic, he was the type of person everybody wanted to be around. It seemed like everybody thought they were good friends with him, and thought they knew everything about him. Like how his favorite class is P.E, and during his free time, he's learning how to speak German. He also has a beloved girlfriend of two years, Annie. They were probably going to be homecoming king and queen this year.

          I don't think I've met someone more likable than him, not that I've actually ever had a formal conversation with him before. I'm pretty sure he didn't know I existed, at least in school. It's just that there seemed to be nobody in the world that disliked him.

          But actually, there were a lot of things about Nate that I knew and other people didn't know. 

          I knew he liked coming to Hasty's, the coffee shop I work at, twice a day exactly twelve hours apart. Once at seven in the morning, and the second time at seven in the evening. I knew he didn't like raw carrots, but they were okay if they were boiled or roasted. That's what he always said when he ordered the chicken wrap, which he only ordered if he was "really hungry".

          These were just small, little things. Little things that only I knew. And I didn't share them with anybody else.

          Of course, there were bigger things, and not just one. 

          But I preferred to keep them a secret. Because if you knew them, too, I'm sure he wouldn't be the likable person that everyone knew him to be.