VI. Weird

Six

Six. Weird

       There was something about Nate Jacobs that only one person knew

       There was something about Nate Jacobs that only one person knew. Now, if you told me this, I probably would've laughed? Cause what the fuck, it's Nate Hardass Jacobs— But, whatever.

        Nate Jacobs got nightmares, like a lot, and for years now. And no one knew but Ivy Jacobs— are we surprised? No. She also was the only one who took care of his nightmares.

       And Nate Jacobs was selfish, like we all knew.

     So, despite bruising his sisters face— he still showed up at her doorway at five in the morning. "V? Y-You awake?" Maybe, she should've just played dead. But, the squeaking of her door only woke her up more. The girl sighed, the pain in her jaw was evident and she wanted to tell Nate, get the hell out. 'Cause she was scared, but she was also too nice. "Y-Yeah?"

    The taller boy looked like a sobbing child standing at the foot of his parents bed having to say he threw up or wet the bed. "C-Can I stay in here tonight? Look, I'm sorry for what I did when you came home last night ... It wasn't right of me. I shouldn't have done it. I-I was just mad, mad at Maddy. I didn't mean to get violent with you. You know that, right?"

    She could barely see his face in the dark & she wondered if he was standing there smirking at her? Ready to pounce and choke her out for good?

        But Ivy only lifted up her covers, silently prompting him to come over— which he did in an instant. Was she weak for this? Was she weak for being able to take care of something she could control? She sucked in her breath and he didn't miss it either as he sunk into her bedding— it made him nervous. He had pushed too far, he very well knew that. But, she only let go of her breath when she rested her head on his chest . . . Like the did when they were kids. An arm of his wrapped around her shoulders, his chin resting above her head. "I'm really fucking sorry, V." The words of a liar?