VII. Poison Ivy

Seven

Seven.                 Poison Ivy

                    Let me tell you something about Laurie Santiago: He was a people pleaser

                    Let me tell you something about Laurie Santiago: He was a people pleaser. Main reason he hasn't full on confessed his love for his best friend dramatically, because, he thought, it wouldn't be beneficial to anyone. Only if he knew.

     But all those cramps up emotions, they gotta fuck you up, right? I mean, shit, how he hasn't exploded is beyond me?

    But, here's the catch: The quote on quote troubles Laurie told Ivy about was his safely hidden addiction. Crack Cocaine. He was a drug addict. And absolutely no one knew, maybe Fezco & Ashtray, but, they were his dealers, so, they wouldn't be saying shit. Plus, it wasn't like Laurie came off as a bad addict. If you knew he did drugs, you still wouldn't think he was an addict. He's a pretty good actor. He also isn't a mean addict, he's a sad one.

Anyway, back to Ivy and Laurie.

Ivy had told the dirty blonde she'd get him some clothes, which resulted in her racing down the hall into Aaron's room. The boy jumping as his door slammed opened, and closed softly. She was breathing rather quickly. The boy pulled away from his phone, "ever heard of fucking knocking?" The girl waved him off, shaking her head, "I-I need a sweatshirt and shorts. Like now, quickly, please."

Aaron raised his brows at her pushiness. "Dude, are you good—"

"This is a code red. Hurry up, Aaron!" She rushed the boy off his desk chair, pushing him towards his drawers— a puzzled look on his face. "V, are you high?" The girl scoffed, impatiently, "I wish." The boy seem to finally quicken with the clothes, handing them off to the girl. She turned quickly, without a word but was pulled back— groaning softly. "You sneaking out disguised as me?"

"What! No?"
"Is there a boy in your room?"
"I gotta go, thanks for the clothes!"

And she was out the door, receiving odd looks from her mother halfway up the stairs. "Ivy—"

"Can't talk!" And she slipped into her room quickly, closing her door swiftly— locking it. Laurie jumped at the sudden noise, pulling away from her full mirror. He'd been examining his face. "Got you clothes." Her voice was soft and quiet, like silk and clouds. She was also a little out of breath.