Sleeping with a Friend

"What'll it be?" You turned in your barstool and saw Natasha wiping the table with a rag.

"Bourbon. Neat." You replied, not looking at the redhead, instead, you were staring at the small napkin she placed in front of you.

"You okay?" She asked as she placed the glass on the bar and poured the bourbon.

"I'm fanfreakintastic! Can't you tell?" You deadpanned.

She gave you a serious look, "Sorry. I don't want to talk about it." You replied as you downed the glass.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say it has to do with a certain Star Spangled Man with a plan would it?" She teased as she took a seat next to you.

"Is it that obvious?" You let out a laugh.

"Very much yes." She laughed as she poured you another drink.

"You know, I honestly considered not coming to Tony's party." You giggled as the alcohol's buzz finally settled in.

"Really?" Natasha asked in amusement, "What made you change your mind?"

"Your boyfriend," you teased her.

"What are you talking about?" She asked, quickly averting her eyes from you, her cheeks flushing pink.

"Don't play dumb sweetheart," you giggled as you took another sip of your bourbon, letting the buzz set in, "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." You replied with a wink.

"How did the mission with Steve go?" Nat asked, quickly taking the heat off her and back on to you.

You let out a laugh. So typical of her. Changing the subject, "It went... well." You replied, turning in your stool and observing Sam, Bucky, Scott, and Steve gather around the pool table.

You watched as Steve threw his head back in laughter, grabbing onto Bucky's chest while Sam and Scott laughed in amusement.

All my friends, they're different people
Anxious like the ocean in a storm
When we go out, yeah, we're electric
Coursing through our bodies 'til we're one

"Maybe you should tell him how you feel." Nat suggested, taking a sip of red wine, "You never know, he may feel the same way about you."

"Nat." You complained, "You know it's not that simple. He's my best friend."

"Hey! I thought I was your best friend?" Nat teased you.

"Shut up." You giggled and took another sip of your bourbon, letting the buzz kick in. "He's my best guy friend and I'm just afraid of telling that I feel. I just can't ruin our friendship."

"But like I said he might like you back." She argued.

"Okay, but even if he does like me and we end up going out and it goes wrong? Like wrong? I don't think I can handle it."

"Y/N!" Pietro greeted both you and Nat as he took a seat next to you.

"Hey, Pietro." You replied as he kissed you on both cheeks.

"You need to take a lady to Red Lobster," Sam said as he took a swig of his beer and set at the corner of the pool table.

"Cause at Red Lobster, you're family." Scott chuckled.

"That's right!" Sam raised his hand as Scott gave him a high five.

"Alright. We still cracking jokes or are we gonna continue playing?" Steve asked he began to line up his next shot.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed you talking to Natasha, frustration etched onto your face. He wondered what was going on that you were frustrated.