XIV. Knew Nothing

Fourteen

Fourteen.         Knew Nothing

         Knew Nothing

"Hey. It's Laurie. Sorry I couldn't get to you—" Ivy scoffed, pressing the red button as she slammed her phone into a pillow. The ends of her palms rubbed into her eyes, harshly, trying to push away the tears. The girl groaned loudly, her house dead silent. "A-Answer the fucking phone, Goddamit!"

The girl let out a strangled cry as she slumped onto her pink fluffy carpet, knees burning against the fabric. She pulled her hoodie on more, wishing for the material to swallow her whole. "W-Why won't you answer!" The girl turned over her shoulder as her door softly opened, she met her mother's tired face. "V, baby, are you—" Both women jumped at the slam of the front door. Marsha looked back at her daughter as she scrambled up, slipping into her mother's side as the moved towards the stairs over view. Ivy's eyes widened and she looked away at Cal peeing on the floor. Marsha's eyes widened.

    "What— What the Hell are you doing?" The man was no doubt drunk, and sounded like a child on drugs. "Are you, are you peeing?" The man continued to laugh, Ivy frowning, rubbing her watery eyes. "Okay, Cal, what is wrong with you?"

   The man fell silent. "I think I'm lonely." What?

    Ivy sighed, rolling her eyes as she hovered behind her mother. "What?" The man didn't move a muscle, "I think I'm lonely." The woman took a deep breath, "okay, look, could you please put your penis away? Your daughter is here."

   "No." Ivy nearly snorted, ever eyes drying. "Cal, I'm not gonna ask you again. Put your penis away." A beat. "I am who I am." Ivy stifled a laugh, Marsha turning to glare at her quickly. Then a door opened from their sides, Marsha sighed. "Oh, fuck." Both Marsha and Ivy's eyes landed on Aaron. "Mom, what's going on? V?"

    Ivy shrugged, "Dad has his dick out."

   Aaron's eyes widened, looking over the railing with a half scoff, half grimace. Marsha's eyes widened at her daughter's words. Ivy scoffed, "what? It's the truth?" Marsha pinched the bridge of her nose, turning back towards her husband. "Cal, put your dick away!"