46.9

The number 17 car pulls into the pit road before coming to its pit stop.

"Jack, you realize you got this in the bag, right?" Buddy Hubbard asks Jack Toretto as he unclips the net on Jack's window before Jack takes the water that Buddy offers him. "Season is wrapped up, man. Doesn't matter where you place."

"I'm telling you, I got intermittent miss," Jack says as he hands the water back to Buddy. "For the last two laps."

"On it!" Buddy says before turning to one of the pit crew members. "Get those plug wires!"

"Jakob! Now," Jack yells at his youngest son, who happens to be the crew member that Buddy was yelling at. Jakob nods before raising the hood of the car as Dominic, Jack's oldest son, rushes over with his older twin sister, Domonique, right behind him.

"Hey, Pop," Domonique says as she leans against the window.

"Tell me what you see," Jack orders as he looks at his twins proudly.

"Got an oil spill going into turn two," Domonique explains as Dom nods in agreement.

"Bell's driving safe. Corbin's got a sponsor in the stands, so he's pushing it," Dom adds while Domonique looks at the other pit crews.

"You got a real problem with car 23," Domonique says while looking at that pit crew.

"Linder," Jack says with a nod as he has seen it too. Dom begins to argue with Linder's crew, who are two spaces back while Domonique flips them off. "Hey! Leave it. You too, Moni. He's just pissed because I got that spot in the Busch Series next season, not him. Life's got no shortage of guys like Kenny Linder."

"You're good!" Jakob tells him as he closes the hood before patting it.

"It's not about being the stronger man, Dom," Jack advises his son, who is clipping the net back. "It's about being the bigger one." Jack takes off back onto the track. Linder follows behind him before bumping into the back of another car.

"I swear to god, this guy," Dom says as he shakes his head while watching the race before Domonique puts her headset back on.

"Pop, turn two, turn two!" Domonique reminds her father about the oil spill.

"Got it. I'm walking him in," Jack says as he drives high on the track. Jack quickly drops lower on the track as he sees the oil spill that Domonique had mentioned, causing Linder to drive into it which causes him to slightly lose control and bump into the wall. "Tell me what you both see." Dom and Domonique quickly move to where they can see the rest of the track.

"He's gonna come at you for that," Dom says as he keeps looking between his dad and Linder while Domonique keeps an eye on the track further up. "Get ready on your left." Linder drops to Jack's left while Jack looks down at his dash as it begins to make noise.

Linder bumps into Jack, causing his car to turn before connecting with the wall as it catches fire. The car rolls as it is hit by another car while Domonique rips her headset off before running towards the track with Buddy right behind her. Buddy grabs Domonique, holding her back from being ran over as she cries and yells for her dad while Dom holds onto to Jakob, trying to shield the younger Toretto from the sight.

PRESENT DAY

"Three-eighths ratchet," Domonique tells her adopted daughter as they work on her Firebird. Sarah, her adopted daughter, hands Domonique a ratchet.

"Three-eighths driver. Six-inch extension," Sarah grabs a tool as Domonique watches her. "Are you sure?" Domonique smiles as Sarah puts the tool back before grabbing the correct one. Sarah nods with a smile as Domonique fits the driver to the ratchet.

"Remember what your Moni told you," Domonique says as she smiles at her daughter. "Be precise in life. It can make all the difference." Sarah nods as she takes in what Domonique had said. "Now, watch this." Letty walks outside as she wipes her hands before walking towards Domonique and Sarah. "See how it's working now? And you see what's happening?"

"It's turning the screw," Sarah says with a nod and a smile starts to grow on her face.

"You're right," Domonique says with a smile while Letty watches them with a smile of her own.

"Water heater's out again," Letty tells Domonique as she turns to look at her.

"It's the price we pay for peace and quiet," Domonique says with a smile, causing Letty to smile while slightly shaking her head. "Want to come and give us a hand?" Letty goes to walk over to her but stops as they hear a car engine before they see a car. "Are you expecting someone?" Letty looks at Domonique before shaking her head no. "Sarah, remember what we practiced."

Domonique looks down at Sarah, who looks up at her with a frightened expression before Sarah runs into the garage. Sarah pulls on a rope that opens a box in the ground before she gets in while pulling the lid of the box down. Domonique opens the gun cabinet inside the garage before handing Letty a handgun while grabbing a shot gun for herself. "I hate this." Domonique glances at the box as she walks out of the garage, pumping the shot gun as she points it at the car while Letty stands by the door of the garage.

"Yo, yo!" Roman yells from the car as Tej, who is driving, comes to a stop. Roman puts his hands out the window in surrender. "We come in peace. We come in peace!" Domonique lowers her gun as Roman opens the door before stepping out of the car with his hands in the shape of a heart. "It's me!" Domonique looks at Letty before they share a relieved smile while Domonique shakes her head. "Roman? Maybe you don't recognize me cause I've been tanning all week, girl." Roman rubs his face, causing Letty andDomonique to laugh.

"Sarah, come out," Domonique calls as Letty tucks her gun into the shirt tied around her waist before Domonique hands her shot gun to Letty so that she can go get Sarah. Letty puts up the guns while Tej pulls up to the house.

"Sarah, hey," Domonique says with a smile as she opens the box before the smile turns to a frown as she finds Sarah crying.

"Mama!" Sarah says as she hugs Domonique, who freezes in shock because it is the first time that Sarah has called her that because Sarah does know that Domonique and Letty are not her actual parents. "I was so scared."

"It's okay, baby girl," Domonique says as she hugs Sarah back before pulling away so that Sarah can see her face. "I promise you that I will always find a way back to you." Sarah lightly smiles at Domonique while Letty watches with a smile on her face as she falls even more in love with Domonique. "Guess who is here?" Domonique holds Sarah's hand as she, Sarah, and Letty walk over to the team.

"What you gonna do with that thing, girl?" Roman asks as he climbs out of the car, followed by Ramsey. "What, you out here trying to kill elephants or something?"

"We would've called first," Ramsey says as she walks over to Letty, giving her a hug.

"Except you actually need phones in order to get phone calls," Tej says as he walks around the car as Roman gives Letty a hug. "You know that right?"

"Sarah, my princess!" Roman says with a smile before giving Sarah a hug as he picks her up.

"Hi, my Romeo," Sarah says excitedly with a smile as Roman sets her down.

"Wow. You're so big," Ramsey says with a smile as she waves at Sarah, who then hugs Tej. "Hi."

"Now, I know you don't carpool," Domonique says with a smile as she looks at Tej before looking at Ramsey and Roman. "So, what's up?"