Chapter One - True Potential

I do not own star wars or the movies. I only own Rory and Hettie all right got to respective owners.

Enjoy

-3rd Person-

It had been a year since the death of Snoke and the rise of Kylo Ren in the First order. What was left of the rebels they had found a new base while the tried to  recruit more reinforcements to join the rebels. Though they were no longer forthcoming till a mysterious voice claiming to be the long dead Darth Sideous took over all airwaves.

Rory, Rey and Hattie, focus more on honing their abilities after the death of Luke Skywalker, now under the instruction of Leia. While the three trained, Kylo Ren destroyed those who stood in his way to gain access to a sith finder, Ben Solo slipping from reach once more. Though Rory and Hattie didn't give up hope, they promised  Leia that he would one day come home and turn away from the dark side.

Kylo Ren, using the sith finder was lead to the hanging on still Darth Sidious, who had been behind Snoke and him the entire time. Palpatine as he was once known had never died and had been corrupting those around him from the shadows and building and entire fleet on a more bigger scale, than the first order. All that Sideous asked in return was the death of the eldest Jedi woman. Meaning Rory. Yet gave the warning that she and her family were not who he thought they were. 

Sideous revealed the truth Kylo

To add to everything going on, there was now a traitor in the first order, giving information to the rebels, though who and why were reasons unknown. Poe, Chewie, Finn and R2  met up with other rebels for the transfer of information. However the first order was on their tail, the group of rebels narrowly escaped.

-Rory-

I levitated trying to commune with the Masters of the past, be at one with their spirits in the force. I was admittedly ahead of my sister and my daughter in their training, with almost full Jedi mastery. This was my last hurdle.

"Be with me. Be with me. Be with me." I muttered to my self and to them. I slowly opened my eyes, nothing but floating rocks. "They're not with me. Ugh." I lowered myself down. BB-8 beeped as he watched me.

"Rory, be patient." Leia commented as she gave me a comforting smile

"I'm starting to believe it isn't possible anymore to communicate with the forces of the Jedi that came before. I've excelled since last year, overcoming the rest of my training, this alludes me." I huff in defeat as i stand before her.

"Nothing's impossible" she reassured me, it was more of a mantra now

"Nothing's impossible." I copied "Are the others still running the training course ?" I asked after my sister and daughter.

"Yes, they're stubborn as you are. They feel they have a lot to live up to." we looked to where a course had been set up, I knew it like the back of my hand now.

"I'm going to join them." she handed me my lightsaber which was once Luke's. Since then I had made two news ones for Rey and Hattie who were still in the midst of training. I took off running with BB-8 in tow. First up was the balance rope and the blackout helmet, I activated my light sabre and used my other senses to detect attack as I made my way across the rope. After that was to get a piece of ribbon from on high. I jumped up further using the force and turned reaching out to cut a piece and take it.

Then back over the chasm with the rope and through the jungle.  I lost concentration and tripped, grunting in frustration I jumped back up as one of the training droids zapped me catching my arm. I fought but nothing worked like I had honed in the past year. I was zapped again and I had it, i fought out of annoyance at that blasted little thing, I never liked it. Tree's fell around me and I lost the sabre. I held my hand out for it while using the other to lift a stick, stabbing the little blighter then catching my lightsaber. I felt a tidal wave of emotions and visions hit me. It was not from me but from my still long distance connection to Ben.  I still saw him though I never spoke, neither did he. I knew the two of us were still reeling form our last encounter.

"Rory" I swung round but stopped short, Rey held her hands up as my lightsaber hovers near her neck

"Rey." I breathed heavily and deactivate it. "Sorry." and look next to her but she wasn't with her niece.

"Where's Hattie?" I question confused

"She went back to the camp." I heard Bb-8 and turned my head he was trapped under a tree.

"BB-8." I raised my hand and lifted the trees up "I'm sorry." I told him as he rolled out and then I let the tree go.