PROLOGUE

Leigh found herself navigating the intricacies of her emotions. The world seemed to paint love as a straightforward path, but for her, it was a winding maze with hidden corners waiting to be explored.

"Leigh, that's enough!" the young man's voice echoed, his frustration palpable.

"I fought for her! So what? Porket tomboy ako, hindi na pwedeng mahalin?" Her voice quivered, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Leigh, listen! You can't blame her parents kung ayaw nila sa kagaya mo na magiging kasintahan ng anak nila--"

"But I love her!" she interjected, her voice breaking as the weight of her feelings pressed upon her.

"Leigh, you're hopeless."

Her silence followed, but her tears continued to cascade down her cheeks. Each tear seemed to carry a piece of her heartache, like a storm raging within her chest.

"Why does it have to be like this? Ang sakit, sobra. Porket ba ganito ako, does that mean no one will ever love me? Does everyone have to leave me?" Her voice quavered, the questions resonating with the pain of countless nights spent grappling with her own identity.

A moment passed, and she lowered her head, allowing her tears to flow freely, like a river of emotions too strong to be contained.

"Leigh, I'm here. I love you, even though it hurts to see you loving someone else. Yes, it's crazy and impossible for you to like me Kasi babae din gusto mo, but there's nothing I can do." His words enveloped her like a warm embrace, a lifeline thrown into the sea of her doubts.

The young woman's head shook gently, a silent refusal, before she pushed the young man away, her inner turmoil reflecting in her eyes.

"That's a load of crap!" Her voice broke through the air, a mix of frustration and vulnerability as she turned and ran home, leaving him standing there, a silent witness to her inner struggles.

The young man watched her retreating figure, a mix of emotions playing across his face as he looked up at the sky, the pain within him echoing the tumultuous storm within her.

August 10, 2023

UNWAVERING ADORATION [SERIES #5]  •ON GOING•On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara