CHAPTER 5

Author's pov

Jungkook's footsteps echoed in the hallway, his thoughts a chaotic whirlwind. He couldn't shake the feeling that something inside him had shifted, something he couldn't quite grasp.

"What's going on with me? Why did I offer to play with Taehyung? It just slipped out, but why do I feel this way around him? No, I can't... not again..."

Tears streamed down his face without his consent as he walked. Horrible flashbacks tore through his mind, scattering his thoughts.

Alone in a quiet hallway during practice time, panic gripped him. He couldn't hold back his sobs, his body trembling with emotion. Without thinking, he bolted for the terrace, seeking solace.

Curling up, he cried, the weight of his past crashing down on him once more.
With a heavy heart, Jungkook sank to the ground, his sobs echoing off the walls. Memories, both painful and haunting, flooded his mind, threatening to drown him in despair.

In the midst of his anguish, a voice pierced through the silence like a lifeline. "Jungkook?"

Seeing Taehyung only made Jungkook cry harder, his vulnerability on full display. Unable to resist, Taehyung rushed to him, enveloping him in a comforting embrace.

"Oh my god, Jungkook! What's wrong? Did someone hurt you? Please, tell me, I'm here for you," Taehyung pleaded, concern etched on his face.

Jungkook could only cry, unable to form words. Sensing his distress, Taehyung sat down, cradling Jungkook in his lap, gently rubbing his back and whispering soothing words.

Slowly, Jungkook's sobs subsided, the warmth of Taehyung's presence calming him. Encircling his arms around Taehyung's neck, he buried his face in Taehyung's comforting scent.

Unable to articulate his tumultuous emotions, Jungkook could only cling to Taehyung, the warmth of his presence offering a fleeting sense of solace amidst the storm raging within him.

For what felt like an eternity, they remained locked in each other's embrace, the weight of Jungkook's sorrow gradually easing with each passing moment.

🌷🌷🌷

Taehyung's heart clenched when he saw Jungkook running towards the terrace, tears streaming down his face. Without hesitation, he followed, finding Jungkook in distress.

Unable to bear seeing him in pain, Taehyung offered what comfort he could, holding Jungkook close until his tears subsided. Feeling Jungkook's arms around him, Taehyung hugged him back tightly, savoring the moment.

Closing his eyes, he vowed to always be there for Jungkook, to chase away his pain and protect his pure heart.

Meanwhile, in the locker room, other members exchanged worried glances as they noticed Taehyung's absence. "Where's Taehyung?" Jimin asked, his brow furrowed with concern.

Yoongi shrugged, a frown marring his usually composed features. "I don't know. He was here a minute ago."

Just then, they caught sight of Taehyung dashing out of the locker room, a determined look in his eyes. "I think he's gone after Jungkook," Hoseok remarked, his voice tinged with concern.

🌷🌷🌷

Back on the terrace, as Jungkook's tears began to subside, Taehyung gently brushed away the remnants of his sorrow with a tender touch. "You're not alone, Jungkook. I'm here for you," Taehyung whispered, his voice a soothing balm to Jungkook's wounded soul.

Feeling a sense of peace wash over him, Jungkook slowly pulled away from Taehyung's embrace, his eyes searching Taehyung's face for any sign of judgment or reproach.

Instead, all he found was genuine concern and unwavering support reflected in Taehyung's eyes. It was a revelation that left Jungkook feeling both vulnerable and strangely comforted.

After what felt like an eternity, Jungkook finally regained his composure, the weight of his emotions no longer suffocating him. With a shaky breath, he stood up, his gaze avoiding Taehyung's probing eyes.

"I... I should go," Jungkook mumbled, his voice barely above a whisper as he hastily wiped away the remnants of his tears.

Before Taehyung could respond, Jungkook turned on his heel and fled, leaving Taehyung alone on the terrace, his heart heavy with unanswered questions.

Racing to his locker, Jungkook grabbed his things and called his driver to take him home. As he made his way home, his mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. He couldn't shake the feeling that he had exposed too much of himself, that he had laid bare his vulnerabilities in front of Taehyung.

Meanwhile, Taehyung searched the university grounds for Jungkook, relieved when he learned from the university guard that Jungkook went back home.

Back in class, Taehyung recounted the incident to Yoongi and Jimin, their worry evident. Yoongi volunteered to check on Jungkook.

During the break, when Yoongi came back after visiting Jungkook, other members gathered around him, their concern palpable in the air. "Is Jungkook okay?" Jimin asked, his voice tinged with worry.

Yoongi nodded, a reassuring smile gracing his lips. "He's fine. Just needed some time alone. Later, we'll check on him again."

As the day drew to a close, though Taehyung longed to see Jungkook, he accepted that Jungkook needed rest. While relieved that Jungkook was fine for now, he found himself unable to shake the image of Jungkook's tear-stained face from his mind. It was a haunting reminder of the pain lurking beneath the surface, a pain that Taehyung vowed to help heal, no matter what it took.

🌷🌷🌷