CHAPTER 8

Author's pov

In the quiet hours of the morning, before the university campus stirred awake, Taehyung found himself on the basketball court earlier than usual.

A mix of determination and a hint of disappointment from the previous day fueled his desire to make things right with Jungkook, despite the latter's subdued spirits.

Taehyung believed that persistence was key; thus, he practiced alone, waiting for Jungkook, who had expressed a desire to play together every morning.

The air was filled with the sound of bouncing balls and shoes scuffing against the court as Jungkook arrived. Without words, they launched into a game, their competitive spirits making up for the silence between them. They were evenly matched, each basket met with an equal response, their focus solely on the game. Yet, it was their unspoken camaraderie that truly spoke volumes, lasting well over an hour.

Exhausted but fulfilled, they settled on a nearby bench, catching their breath and preparing for the arrival of others who would join them soon.

It was then, in the midst of their quiet companionship, that Jungkook broke the silence, his voice tentative.

"Umm, Taehyung, there's something I've been meaning to say. I wanted to tell you last night, but... Thank you. Yesterday was truly enjoyable. I hope we can hang out more, if that's okay with you," Jungkook mumbled, his gaze fixed on his fidgeting hands, a clear sign of his nervousness.

Hearing these words, Taehyung's heart raced, a surge of happiness overwhelming him. Struggling to maintain composure, he managed to reply, "I'm really glad you enjoyed our time together, Jungkook. And yes, I'd love to spend more time with you. Your company means a lot to me."

With a reassuring smile, Taehyung playfully ruffled Jungkook's hair, a gesture that sent an inexplicable warmth through Jungkook's body.

As others approached, signaling the continuation of their practice, Taehyung's simple touch lingered in Jungkook's mind, sparking emotions he struggled to understand.

🌷🌷🌷

A week after their heartfelt conversation on the basketball court, Taehyung and Jungkook found themselves in the university library, surrounded by the hushed tones of students immersed in their studies.

Taehyung was flipping through a book when Jungkook approached him with a shy smile.

"Taehyung, are you busy this weekend?" Jungkook asked, a hint of hope in his voice. "I found this cool café downtown. Thought we might check it out together."

Taehyung's face lit up. "That sounds great, Jungkook! I'd love to. Let's plan for Saturday."

Their shared excitement was palpable, a simple plan blossoming into a promise of more shared moments.