CHAPTER 12

Author's pov

Jungkook stirred from his sleep at 9:00 am, greeted by the unwelcome throb of a headache and the hazy blur of his surroundings. Panic seized him as he struggled to make sense of where he was.

The unfamiliar room added to his disorientation until clarity slowly crept in, revealing Taehyung standing at the door with a tray of medication.

Taehyung's concerned expression softened the edges of Jungkook's fear. "Your head must be pounding right now. Here, take these," he offered, extending a couple of pills along with a glass of water. "It'll help with the hangover."

"Thank you," Jungkook murmured, his voice still groggy. "But how did I end up here?"

"Don't worry about that just yet," Taehyung reassured him. "Take your time, freshen up, and meet me downstairs for breakfast. I've got some spare clothes that might fit you."

As Jungkook made his way to the bathroom after taking the medicine, the warmth of the shower eased some of the tension in his muscles. Each droplet of hot water seemed to wash away a layer of confusion until the events of the previous night started replaying in his mind.

After dressing in the oversized clothes Taehyung had provided, Jungkook descended the stairs, finding Taehyung already busy in the kitchen. The aroma of pancakes greeted him, momentarily distracting him from his troubled thoughts.

Taehyung glanced up, offering a warm smile. "Sit down, Jungkook. I've made pancakes. I hope they're to your liking."

"I'm sorry about last night. I drank too much and..."

"It's okay, Jungkook. You were not yourself. No need to apologize," Taehyung interrupted, busying himself with breakfast.

Jungkook managed a small smile in return and silently took a seat at the table. As they ate, his mind raced with guilt and questions about his behavior the night before.

After breakfast, Jungkook thanked Taehyung and bid farewell, his mind still clouded with remorse and uncertainty.

Meanwhile, Taehyung's thoughts wandered to his own feelings of inadequacy and unrequited affection.
"He doesn't feel anything for you, Taehyung," he thought sadly, wiping away a tear. "We're not meant for each other."

🌷🌷🌷

Later that day, back in his own space, Jungkook's anxiety began to escalate. The familiar tremors of a panic attack threatened to overwhelm him as he instructed his driver to hurry home. Once there, he fumbled for his calming pills, desperate for relief.

In the midst of his emotional storm, Jungkook's thoughts turned to Jimin, a trusted friend who always offered comfort in times of distress.

As Jungkook's trembling fingers dialed Jimin's number, he fought to steady his breathing, each ring of the phone amplifying his anxiety. When Jimin finally answered, his voice was a lifeline in the chaos of Jungkook's mind.

"Jiminishii," Jungkook's voice wavered, "can you... can you come over? I... I need you."

Jimin, sensing the urgency in Jungkook's tone, responded without hesitation, "Of course, Jungkook. I'll be there right away. Just hold on, okay?"

Minutes felt like hours as Jungkook waited, his heart pounding in his chest. When Jimin's familiar knock sounded at the door, relief washed over Jungkook like a soothing balm.

Upon entering Jungkook's room, Jimin was met with a heart-wrenching sight. Jungkook sat on the floor, knees drawn up to his chest, tears streaming down his face. His vulnerability was palpable as Jimin approached and enveloped him in a comforting hug, gently rubbing his back.