Prologue - One Dark Night....

• Dedicated to Potter fans across the world... you rule!!!

 I don't own any of the Harry Potter characters. All are copyrighted to J.K. Rowling. Thanks and please vote!

Privet Drive was quiet. Oddly quiet. Harry couldn’t resist yanking back the filmy curtain and staring down at the dusk drenched street. The only light came from the weak orange glow of a nearby street lamp. His gaze shifted around the contours of the road, squinting into the darkness of every house, but no lights shone beyond the spotless windows. All of the shiny business cars were parked very precisely in their drives. Harry couldn’t help but let his gaze drift over towards the low brick wall of number six on the corner. There, sat a slim black cat with odd square markings around its eyes, sitting very still like a gargoyle. It wore no collar, and anybody else would have thought it a stray. But not Harry. A small smile pulled Harry’s lips upwards. The cat turned ever so slightly and nodded towards the window of number twelve, acknowledging him.

Before Harry could react, the street was plunged into sudden darkness. It was time. Excitement tying a tight knot into his stomach, Harry seized his jacket and ran down the stairs, throwing open the front door. Immediately, a weight crushed him, squeezing the air from his lungs.

“Hermione!” gasped Harry, struggling for breath.

“Leave off, Hermione. I’m sure Harry wants enough voice to talk.” Ron had suddenly appeared from nowhere, rolling his eyes. Hermione released Harry.

“I’ve missed you so much!” she cried. “But we have so much to do!”

“Listen.” Harry felt his smile dimming. “You’d better sit down ‘cuz I have something to tell you.”