Lights out?

Amukelani's POV

"Guess whose back!" says a familiar voice. I look up and I see Jessica. I scream and stand up to go and hug her. "So soon?" I ask. "I'm still on my maternity leave I'm just back from Joburg." "I'm so glad you back I kind of wished to see your annoying face." "Just admit that you missed me." "Never."

She laughs. "Uright?" she asks. (Are you okay?) "Ngiyaphila wena." I answer. (I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good.) "How's the baby?" "His okay. I'm glad his out of the NICU." "What's his name?" "The fact that you never asked his name over the phone makes you a bad aunt." "At least i called you after you gave birth and you said you were waiting for a short period of time before you tell us his name."

"Okay his name is Bokang." she says. "Such a nice name. Did his dad pay damages?" I ask. "Not yet he said he needs to save money." "Finding me a guy who will pay the damages two weeks after finding out I'm pregnant." "You and pregnant in one sentence." "There is always a slight chance."

She laughs. "I can't wait to see that day." she says. "Pigs will be flying, loadshedding would probably be over I think." I say and we laugh. "So have you visited your boyfriend?" "Yes and he was so happy to see me." "But at least he was there for the birth of the baby." "I can't believe Lukhanyo stepped up to the plate."

"I don't expect him to play a father figure cause his here for me unless things start getting serious." she says. "Serious as in marriage." I say. "Yeah." "Whatever you want just as long as you communicate." "Look at you giving me relationship advice." "I was once in one and I'm currently in one so I know my way around it."

"How's bae doing?" she asks. "His doing okay." I say. "Are you going to tell me who you dating cause it's been around 3 months now." "Nope you still need to stay in the dark. We not even exclusive." "Do you have the intentions of introducing him?" "Not anytime soon. I wanna make sure his the one for me."

"I can't wait for that day." she says. "And why is that?" I ask. "Cause once that happens I think I'll need to start looking for a wedding outfit." I laugh. "Don't jump the gun my dear friend we taking things slow." "But in the bedroom you not." "Two grown ups who have been around the world still need to take it slow there?" "Yes."

"Unless one is a virgin or one of them is not ready for that part then it's fine." I say. "You slept with him on the first date?" she asker. "Yeah. I slept with him cause there was chemistry and a spark between us." "You didn't waste time with him." "Nope but I took my time to show him what his missing out on."

"I take my time with it." she says. "Yeah." "Bring you close to me." "Don't want no young dumb shit." "I see I like your mentality." I laugh. "How's the new PA?" "Honestly I didn't expect to like her but I do. She is very productive and she focuses on work she doesn't ask about my personal life and she is not pregnant." She laughs.

"So I chose a good one?" she asks. "Yeah you did and i don't want her to go when you decide to resurrect." I say. "She is still studying right?" "Yeah. I wanna offer her an internship here and she may be another lawyer of ours one day." "I'm glad you like her." "And I'm glad you were gone so I can see a new face everyday." She rolls her eyes.

"So are you coping as a mother?" I ask. "Yeah I am. It's a bit of an adjustment but siya bekezela." she says.(We are holding on.) "Bekezela the same way bari lenyalo is nie pap and vleis nie is the same with parenting." (hold on the same way they say marriage isn't easy the same is for parenting.) "That's true hey but i love him."

"That's cute." I say. "Yeah like starring into his eyes everyday reminds me that I am a mother and somebody fully depends on me for everything. It's tricky but I know the smile is worth it." she says. "You are so mature it's shocking." We laugh. "That's what babies do to you." We chuckle.