CHAPTER 18

Author's pov

The soft morning light filtered through the curtains as the clock struck 7. Jungkook stirred from his sleep, the persistent alarm nudging him awake. He groggily reached out to silence it, his mind still foggy with sleep.

Blinking away the remnants of slumber, he realized that Taehyung was not beside him. A tinge of sadness washed over him; he missed the warmth and comfort of his beloved.

Jungkook mumbled to himself, "No wonder I didn't sleep well. He left without even saying goodbye. I won't talk to him," he pouted, feeling a mix of emotions.

As he scanned the room, his eyes landed on a beautifully wrapped gift box placed on the side table. Intrigued, he picked it up, noticing a sticky note attached. Curious, he read aloud, "Wish you again a very Happy Birthday My Baby. This is a small gift for you. Open it; there's one more letter inside the box with the gift."

Excitement bubbled up within Jungkook as he unwrapped the gift, revealing a stunning present carefully chosen by Taehyung.

"Oh my bunnies! It's so pretty

"Oh my bunnies! It's so pretty. Tae's taste is impeccable. No wonder he chose me," Jungkook exclaimed joyfully. He then noticed the accompanying letter and eagerly unfolded it.

My love,

I hope you like the gift. If not, don't worry; more surprises are coming your way, and you'll love them. This gift symbolizes our love. Soon, we'll be like those dolls. I'm waiting for that day, aren't you?"

Jungkook blushed, nodding in agreement as he read on, tears welling up in his eyes.

Baby, thank you for coming into my life. I'll always be there for you, in good times and bad. You've become an integral part of my life, and I can't express how much you mean to me. But I'll show it through my love. Be ready; I'll pick you up at 9. LOVE YOU MY BABY BUN!!

Your Taetae ♡

Overwhelmed with love, Jungkook whispered, "I love you, Tae. I don't know if I deserve you, but I'm grateful for you every day. I want to spend my whole life with you." He kissed the letter and carefully placed the gift on the shelf, a constant reminder of their love.

After composing himself, Jungkook got ready, choosing a beautiful outfit for the day. As he descended the stairs, his mother greeted him with warm birthday wishes and a gift.

"Happy Birthday, my baby," she said, kissing his cheek affectionately.

"Thank you, Mom. I love you," Jungkook replied, feeling blessed.