Origins

WAKE UP

A surge of energy spikes through me, my senses waking up. It feels as though I have slept endlessly. I feel urgency flooding me, my instincts screaming.

WAKE UP

Pain. Fear. Cold. Rapid feelings fleeing deep inside, they bubble under my ownself. An image flickers to the surface of a little white wolf as she curls into herself. Silent howls echo out in my mind, a flow of tears burst from my eyes. We are two yet one. I feel her agony, my heart twists hard as her shatters.

WAKE UP

I growl fericously as I open my eyes for the first time to the world. I adjust quickly to the faded light, I sniff the air and already understand everything. The blood, dirt, the stench of the other creatures here. My ears flicker catching sounds close and far, the rising heartbeats yet beat so slow.
I can feel every part of my body filling with energy, finally I am awake. I glance down my side, noting that I'm tall and slender. My fur coat is in credibly black, the shadows below me barely discernable.
My senses are no longer dulled, my mind is no longer hazey, shaking out my fur at long last. I can feel my fresh muscles taught, my heart drumming steady, my nerves calm.
I glance around the fighting arena briefly to take note of everything before my attention falls to the dead wolves lay bleeding out. The blade my sister was biting onto lays beneath me, it is stained red from tip to handle.
I glance up growling, they fought her to the brink of death. I stomp the ground and step forward, rage growing stronger. The remaining wolves hide behind their masters, whimpering and pissing themselves as I take them in my sights.
I try to comfort the little pup while the air is still, but she has retreated so far inside the void, she can not hear me. The fact I was forced awake tells me everything, I am fighting for my own life now.
The sound of movement pulls my attention back to the present, sister wolf will have to wait. I raise my lips, baring my fangs. Drool and blood drips from my gapping muzzle as I prepare to lunge.

FIGHT

For years my baby sister suffered at the hands of these people. Fighting and beatings. Unrelentlessly, she stood strong till the very end. I feel my fur stand on end as my blood begins to boil even more. The rage taking me over, a thirst building. Twisted creatures torturing her and breaking her spirit.

FIGHT

I glance around the group of men, bloodly chains lay motionless in their hands. My blood is on those chains too. The horror and shock at seeing me no longer a small weak white pup locks them in time.

KILL

These werewolves, these humans, broke my sister till her human died and now her own spirit is breaking. A ripple of hatred takes root in my bones.

KILL THEM

I lunge at the closest man, my jaw crushing his throat effortlessly. The taste of his blood revolting but I don't stop. Ripping it from his body as I push off his chest. Instinct and adrenaline guiding my motions.

KILL THEM ALL

I turn and savagely attack the remaining men swiftly, satisfied as their bodies lay mangled and dismembered. I turn and push through the steel doors of the fighting house.

RUN

I dash towards the trees to the right, I block everything out and put all my focus into my paws. I ignore the urge to hunt, bury the burning flames in my throat. I am carrying my broken sister inside, hoping distance will save her dying soul. Soon I can't even think at all as the feeling of wind in my fur pulls me in.
Soon I am lost in the feeling of running, the cool breeze, the rich new smells. The sounds as my paws drum against the earth, all of it intoxicating.
The moon rises and sets twice before I feel my body revolt. My pads are so raw, blood is oozing steadily. My lungs are in hell and my bones are screaming. I don't have a chance to react, I hit the ground hard.
My body collapsing like stone in water, the soft soil cradling me beneath the canopy of green. Sheltering me from the blazing sun high in the sky.
It was bound to happen, my being took over my malnourished sister's existence. I'm just fur and bones sadly, it is a miracle I was even able to take us this far.
"*Maybe it was the adrenaline of the forced awakening..*" I laugh hoarsely, still not able to even lift my head.
I sniff the air and there is nothing around that would pose a threat at least. I focus my hearing, listening to the sounds of the deep woods. The peaceful sounds of owls and crickets fill the night air.
"Can you hear it little wolf? The sounds of the forest?" I breathe in deeply hoping she can smell the forest too.
She still doesn't respond, all I can hear is her faint whimpers deep inside. Feeling her tears as they burn my own eyes. I close them tightly and howl darkly. Filling my scream with all our pain, all her pain.
I howl continously to the sky while lying in dirt, my sister's pain flowing from me endlessly. Soon everything goes black, I fade to an empty sleep.
I don't know how much time has passed but the first thing I notice is the chain around my kneck. Then the smell of dry blood, it fills the musty air and stings my nose. The scent here nearly identical from where I first woke, not a good sign at all.