10: Futile attempt

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The thump wasn't very loud but they were aware of the sound. Taehyung must've jumped off the window, not knowing that the ground was dug deeper around the house for safety purposes.

Without wasting any second, Jungkook, or more precisely his alpha was already on his way to get his mate while Jimin alerted his mate who was with Jin and Namjoon.

Taehyung licked his lips, looking around the room for the nth time after he requested Jimin to find his phone, and now when the blond was gone for a while, he took the chance to lock the door when the window attracted him.

His mind was too clouded with the thought of getting away from the pack of beasts that he forgot his previous plan, and decided to jump down the window, not knowing that the ground was lower than it looked.

Making sure that the door was locked, he wore his shoes that he found under the bed and jumped down, only to fall on the floor with a loud thump, and groan in pain at the impact.

Gulping down the urge to let out a cry at the seething pain in his leg, he got up only to stumble for a second before he was kind of stable enough to walk. He did read a few fictional pieces about werewolves but the real ones were slightly different from the fictional ones. They were fast, too fast to even give a hallucination of vanishing in thin air, they can read minds, well, it wasn't clear if all of them can do that, and if he wasn't wrong, they must've very sharp senses, including hearing, the reason he kept his voice minimal.

Unknown to the fact that he was already heard, he made a beeline to the narrow path which was surrounded by tall walls of the next house, having a hope to find a way out as soon as possible, but had to halt with a suffocating heart.

There was a dead end, having pointed fence over the wall, which he was taking as an escape route, but in fact, there was none. His hope was crushed right there when he heard a few noises from behind, which means that someone was already there to get him back.

Regretting his choice of this futile attempt, he just crouched down on the ground with an empty head, silently listening to the heavy steps reaching there.

Should I go back? But the window is too high to climb, and they are already here, there is no use.

Shaking the little thought away, he was about to get on his feet but a small scream echoed in the narrow path when someone jumped over the tall fence, startling him so badly that he fell back on his butt.

The steps behind him stopped as well and someone was surely standing right behind him, but what made him gulp thickly was those red, furious eyes glaring down at him with a deep frown.

"Done trying, mate?" The raspy, but very threatening voice asked, making him scoot away in fear as the other stepped forth.

His eyes wandered between the raven-haired and the tall wall, too shocked to see the other standing perfectly fine on his legs after that horrifying jump.

The seething alpha gritted his teeth and crouched in front of the shell-shocked human, his eyes blaring with dejection and the disrespect he was given by his mate.

"There is no way out, for you." Taehyung felt speechless, no, it wasn't because the other put some sort of stupid spell, but because he was really speechless, the reason was those eyes and the rude tone.

When nothing came out of his mouth, the red-eyed male took hold of his left forearm only to yank him up sharply, not noticing that it might give the other more fright.