CHAPTER 25

Author's pov

🎶 Music recommendation : Someone like you by Adele (Acoustic cover by First To Eleven) 🎶

[ AFTER 5 YEARS ]

As the years whisked by, the park transformed into a serene haven, lush with foliage and the melody of chirping birds. The sun cast a warm glow over the scene, painting the world in hues of gold and amber.

Amidst this tranquil setting sat a man whose essence mirrored the park's beauty. His features, softened by a gentle breeze, bespoke a timeless allure that seemed to harmonize with nature itself.

The man, leaned against a wooden bench, basking in the sun's golden embrace. His eyes, closed in a moment of quiet bliss, fluttered open when a playful ball grazed his leg. With nimble reflexes, he caught it, only to be greeted by a melodic voice.

"Uncie..."

Startled yet curious, the man turned to see a figure, shrouded momentarily in the sun's glow.

The unknown figure, addressed as "Uncie," responded with affectionate amusement, his heart warmed by the child's innocence. "Yes, cute little baby?"

The little kid's tiny voice sounded apologetic. "Cwan u gib me my bwall? Shorry fwor dwisturbing u."

"Aww baby, it's okay. Here, take it," the man replied, his heart melting at the child's polite mannerisms.

After the exchange, the man couldn't help but admire the little kid's adorable demeanor. However, as he observed the child more closely, a pang of bittersweet nostalgia washed over him. The resemblance between the kid and someone dear to him tugged at his heartstrings, stirring emotions long buried beneath the surface.

"Thanchu, uncie," the little boy beamed, his smile infectious.

"What's your name, baby?" the stranger inquired gently, his curiosity piqued.

"Taeyeon," the boy replied, his name carrying a melody of its own.

"A lovely name indeed, baby. But where are your parents? Are you here alone?" concern laced the stranger's words.

"N-no... I cwame here with my pwarents," Taeyeon clarified, his trust evident.

Before their conversation could deepen, a deep voice echoed, sending a shiver down the stranger's spine. His heart raced, recognizing the voice he had yearned to hear for years.

"Appa!!!"

Taeyeon's joyful cry pierced the air as he dashed towards his father, whose eyes lit up with paternal love. Embracing his son, the father's relief mingled with admonishment.

"Baby, how many times I told you not to run around alone? You should listen to me, right? I got so much worried for you," the father scolded gently, his worry dissipating in Taeyeon's presence.

"Sworry Appa... I bhill nwot repeat thwis," Taeyeon promised, his sincerity evident.

Kissing his son's cheek, the father whispered, "My sweet baby."

Eager to share his newfound friend, Taeyeon pointed towards the stranger. "Appa, swee thwere... I mwet a bunny uncie. Hwe is so nwice."