Chapter 13 -Ryo pov-

Zaru and Jin's elation is smothering me, both of them threatening my sanity. Jin has been prancing around the room like a puppy since the Pit Alpha left. Their yips and yawls are going to shatter my ear drums if I let them continue.
    "Will you please /fucking/ stop! Before I lose my mind." I growl lowly, definitely at my limits.
    The urge to shut him up is threatening my good behavior. Jin shifts to their human form but Zaru is lurking within still.
    "You accepted me as your Mate!" Jin continues to roll around, completely lost in weakness. My words rolling off him like water.
     "If you don't shut up, you'll wish I said something else.." I warn, feeling myself slipping. Then an idea sparks, "You wanna be my Mate?" I say teasingly, taking a sliding step towards him.
    "Yes! Yes, I am your Mate!" He jumps looking at me with pure excitement.
     I lunge at Jin and pin him down, "Then act like it!"
    I step back hoping no one else witnessed him like this.. I can't believe how stupid my Mate is sometimes...
    Freezing at my thought, "What is happening to me?" I look at him, "I even think you as my Mate more often."
    "That's the pull, the Mate bond Ryo. You truly acknowledged me for the first time." I turn my head to look at him, the giddiness gone.
    "Glad to see you've returned," I snort out.
   "Sorry, our excitement blended and-"
    "In your territory emotions are common, in my territory they are weakness." I roll my eyes feeling like a broken record.
    "How long are we gonna stay here Ryo?" Zaru rubs his kneck nervously.
    "I won't keep you from your pack for much longer, 3 more days probably." I walk over to the corner of the cell and curl up.
    "Why 3 days?" He asks, intrigued and curious.
    "You may not have noticed, but I've watched you intensely since we came here. In 3 days, we can spar." I close my eyes, chuckling at his stunned presence.
   "What?"
    I can't help myself, I lift my head and look at Zaru. A mix of excitement and anxiety flickers in his eyes.
   "I've forced your instincts to grow fairly rapidly, I'm curious what kind of growth you'd have fighting me."
    "How long-" Already knowing his question I cut him with the answer.
    "I've wanted to fight you since the first night you entered my world." I growl remembering, "But now it is not cause I want to kill you."
    "That's the mate pull-"
    "ALL the more reason /I/ must make you stronger. Now sleep." Roll my eyes and I tilt my head motioning him to come.
    I've grown accustomed to Zaru sleeping next to me, the white wolf provides a comforting feeling. Another thing to add to the annoying mate pull.  
    "*This mate stuff is supposed to be a blessing but at times it feels more like a curse.*" I groan internally at my thought.
   "*One day you'll see it as a blessing*"
   Startled, I jump up instantly on edge. I growl threatening into the darkness of the room. Not sensing anyone who isn't supposed to be here.
    "*Easy now killer*"
    "How the fuck are you in my head?" I glare over at deep purple eyes realizing it is Jin, "Get out-"
    But it's too late, I watch as the white wolf darts for the corner urgently. Puking violently, his body forcefully contorts back to Zaru's human form. Jin clutches his stomach in pain as he pukes again. My mind starting to race rapidly, there are many things I burry even from myself.
     "HOLY FUCKING SHIT RYO!" Zaru yells but not with aggression.
     His eyes now look at me in a new way but it doesn't last long. He too, bends over, another wave of vomit escaping.
    "How did Jin-"
Zaru holds up a finger facing me, as another wave of sickness leaves him. I wait patiently for him to finish wiping his face.
    "As you are starting to accept our bond, it opens a mind link between us."
    "Why didn't you mention this?" I ask angerly.
     "Wasn't something I thought about.. Figured it be longer till we reached that stage. You don't feel the Mate-Pull like we do.." He rubs the back of his neck, his bright blue eyes gracing mine.
     Something familiar hidden deep in them now, "What did you see?"
    My demeanor slowly darkening, fearing his answer... I spit forcefully, "*Fear? ME?*" I snarl and start to pace the room.
    "Nothing per say...but we felt-" He glances away, a twisted look taking over his normally calm face.
   "Don't say another word." I snarl loudly, not wanting to hear it.
   "Pain, so much so it looked-"
   Once again tonight, my /Mate/ is under my paws. My saliva dripping down and on to his face, everything inside me is exploding. Telling me to kill him. I snarl once more, but his expression is still soft. There is no fear in his eyes, just deep pools of sadness.
    I step back disconcerted. I feel an on slaught of waves crashing into me heavily, "*I can't breathe. I can't do this. I can't do this!*" I shake my head violently and angrily.
    "Ryo?" His voice soft, "I didn't mean too-"
   "You never mean too!" I lunge and snap my jaw inches away from his face,
"I'm trying Zaru. I'm trying my fucking best to be a Mate, to be a normal werewolf. To find a way to control my instincts. However, my crave for blood is always there!"
    I growl stepping back, "All the strange feelings that make you giddy make me frustrated! So much is happening inside myself I can't understand! I wish I never left my pit!" I pace around him now, feeling my fangs grow.
    His eyes carrying such painful expression, "I can't stand it Zaru! Out of everything you have done to push me.."
    Zaru is standing perfectly still, his eyes never leaving mine. I growl warningly as purple begins to swirl.
    "*I need to get away from them, I can't.. I can't..*" I turn in the spot and bolt for the door, "I need to fight!"
     I dart out the gate connecting my room to the arena, the cell pup had it opened the moment I turned. I move so swiftly that everything is a blur, soon I stand in the shadows of my entrance.
    There are wolves scraping it in the center of the pit. The stands aren't filled like they are for my matches however. Fighting matches run all day at the arena, I just prefer evening ones. I feel stronger when the moon rises, something I noticed as I grew.
   I step from the shadows, shocking the small crowd with my early visit. I growl fericously as I make my way to the center of the pit. The wolves fighting freeze, noticing me finally.
  They stare on in surprise and confusion, I even the feel the eyes of the Pit Alpha burning into me. I growl viciously and lower my head. I am challenging the stunned wolves.
   I step forward again when they don't respond and flick my tail, inviting them to come at me first. The crowd erupts as the fighters step up, accepting my challenge. They can die with pride knowing it was /I/ who challenged
/them/ first.
   I let the wolves take a few free bites, I stand perfectly still never responding. Their fangs sinking in then pulling out and hitting another spot. They bite and run, repeatedly flickering around me. Reminding me of flies.
   I close my eyes and inhale deeply, I focus on nothing but the sounds of their hearts. I let all the choas inside me fade, thinking only of the fight. I feel my fur stand one edge, my fangs sharpening.
In a split second I catch one wolf by the kneck and snap down without mercy.   
   My instincts taking over completely with the first kill. Dropping the body, I rip into it without hesitation. I tear the limbs away and stomp the corpse till it's nothing more but a puddle of goo. Pouring all my frustrations out through their blood.
   I turn my burning rage to the remaining fighter in the pit. I charge rapidly, pouncing on to his back. I stand pressing my paw slowly down. I feel the crack of his bones, the agony expressed in his howls.
   I grin sadisticly, remembering the sweet release killing provides. My nerves finally calming, my ridge lowering just as his last breath leaves his body. I turn and exit the ring feeling relieved and tired.
    I hear the muffled voice of the Alpha Rogue, he is taking advantage of my snap. Using this moment to hype the crowd up for tonight's fight. Asking them if they enjoyed the sneak preview. I snort as I enter my territory.
   Zaru sitting quietly in the middle of the room, completely composed. He looks over at me cautiously, watching fresh blood drip from scattered bite wounds. His eyes narrow seeing how much damage I actually allowed. I grumble, looking away and walk into the cell not caring.
   All I want todo is sleep and by fucking Goddess I am going too. I block out everything, knowing my Mate will at least watch over me...
   "*Damn it!*" I growl and pull my tail tighter, I welcome the empty void of sleep.