CHAPTER 28

Author's pov

As the party unfolded in a symphony of laughter and chatter, a sudden announcement from the organizer, Mark, cut through the jovial atmosphere, commanding everyone's attention.

"Attention, everyone!" Mark's voice boomed over the lively din, drawing all eyes towards him. "I apologize for the interruption, but I'd like to invite each of you to choose a partner for a dance at the center of the room. As our theme tonight is masquerade, you may find yourself dancing with someone familiar or perhaps a stranger. It's an opportunity to connect with others and perhaps even find that special someone. You have 10 minutes to choose your partner. Let the festivities begin!"

With those words, the room buzzed with excitement as guests mingled, seeking out partners for the impromptu dance. Conversations filled the air, accompanied by laughter and friendly banter as people paired up for the dance.

Amongst the flurry of activity, Jungkook found himself approached by several individuals, each extending an invitation to dance. However, his heart wasn't in the revelry of the moment, and he politely declined, choosing instead to retreat to the solace of the bar counter where he nursed his drink, the amber liquid swirling in the glass as he lost himself in introspection.

As the minutes ticked by, and most of the guests found their partners and made their way to the center for the dance, Jungkook's gaze wandered once more to the corner where the mysterious stranger had been standing earlier. To his surprise, the person was there again, a lone figure amidst the twirling couples and vibrant music.

Their eyes met across the expanse of the room, locking in a silent exchange that seemed to transcend the lively chaos of the party. There was a magnetism in that moment, a connection that Jungkook couldn't quite explain.

Before he knew it, the mysterious person began to move, heading towards a different part of the hall, drawing Jungkook's attention like a moth to a flame. Without a second thought, Jungkook found himself following, the allure of the unknown pulling him into a dance of destiny that promised intrigue and possibility.

🌷🌷🌷

The atmosphere seemed to shift as if enchanted, as Jungkook and the mysterious stranger found themselves alone in a stunningly beautiful hall, isolated from the bustle of the party. The soft glow of ambient lighting cast a romantic hue over the surroundings, enhancing the allure of the moment.

Jungkook's eyes wandered in awe, taking in the ethereal beauty of their secluded sanctuary. The intricate details of the hall, from the ornate decorations to the elegant architecture, added to the enchantment of the scene. It was as if time stood still in this picturesque setting, a canvas painted with the strokes of romance and mystery.

 It was as if time stood still in this picturesque setting, a canvas painted with the strokes of romance and mystery