Chapter 17 -Ryo pov-

We are finally back at Zaru's lands after a few days at his father's territory. I dont mind being there but its way to busy for me to ever find rest there. Luckily Zaru's territory is on the border below his fathers.
   Zaru's beta happily greets us as he opens the doors of the pack house. I sigh and push my way past the swarm of people. Zaru has business to attend to but I don't. I just want to lay down and hide.
   Crazy to think that I left here a wolf and came back as this. I roll my eyes as I walk up the stairs, following a scent trail to Zaru's room. I can hear their chatter and questions all the way up here.
   After a few days I settle into life here and have met many of Zaru's pack as they come and go from the large house. I haven't left the house yet but I have enjoyed exploring it. It has 3 floors in total and what they call a basement under the house.
   The first floor has a large Gothic style living room as the maids refer to the decor. With two large black velet couches a matching ottoman chair in the center facing a fireplace.
   Next to the livingroom is another large room but it has an assortment of game tables and machines with tvs. The sitting area is mainly bean bag chairs and a floor couch.
  The kitchen is through this room, behind two swinging door. An omega wolf is responsible for cooking and cleaning the kitchen. She is quick to ready a meal for the pack house or me whenever I wonder in there.
  Across from the kitchen is the large dinning hall, something similar looking to Hogwarts dinning hall. It is smaller then in the movie I watched with Zaru however.
  The second floor is my least favorite place. It does have a spacious bathroom and 3 large bedrooms for guest, but the scents are over lapping with other wolves not of this territory. I never really explored that level.
  The top floor is where i enjoy most of my time here. It has the largest bedroom that Zaru sleeps in, with a nice balcony that over looks the territory. His work office and a meeting room is also on this floor.
   Zaru has spent most his days gone and I find myself missing him. I walk downstairs and ask the guard stationed out front to call for Zaru.
    I ask him what Zaru's job is after the guard states the Alpha is busy with pack work. Wanting to know about the pack and how they maintain life here. I converse more with this man.
   He tells me they make money off the human business they bought out generations ago. They own a movie studio and a good portion of stock bonds.
    "By the way my name is Johnathan and my mate is Clara. She makes the meals here in the pack house." He smiles warmly, seemingly pleased with talking to me.
    "She does make good food. Do you guys have pups?" I ask, I know the answer though, I can smell the young one's scent on him.
   "We do, his name is Timothy. Very much still a newborn." A warm gaze takes over the beta's features.
   "Why are pups here treated with such high regard? It is something I noticed upon arriving, there aren't many given the size of this pack." I go to elbow the guy for an answer but he steps away and opens the door.
  I turn as Zaru steps in, smiling at him like a fool, "I finished most of my work today. I'll keep you company and answer your questions. Jonathan you are dismissed." Zaru shoots him an annoyed look as he reaches for my arm, "Come Ryo lets go sit in the livingroom."
    I shrug and move with him, sitting on the couch would be more comfortable. I smile up at Zaru once we are settled, "Will you answer my question now?"
    "Children are regarded with great tenderness cause they aren't actually all that common. Most omega wolves-"
    "Omegs?" I question.
    "They are the lowest ranking pack members and normally only have 1 child their whole life time if lucky. Gamma's, the pack warriors, have 2 at best. Beta's, second in command to the Alpha, have 2 normally." Zaru takes a moment and looks down at me.
      "What about Alphas then?" Surely they must at least be able to sustain their pack numbers.
     "Well lucky Alphas can have upwards of 5 pups with their Luna." Zaru explains slowly so I can process all the information better.
   "The strongest male pup becomes heir to the pack. The remaining siblings either leave with their mates or branch out and create a small pack of their own." He smiles excitedly as he talks.
    "Interesting, why is it so hard to have pups? The pit rogues seem to have better luck with pups then packs." It is an honest question but Zaru's expression is dark.
    "I am not sure but how about we go train for a bit? Unless you wanna continue to lounge here and ask questi-"
   "Let us go spar! That shouldn't even be a question." I chuckle and cut him off, excited to go outside.
    "Then let's waste no more time, race you there!" Zaru rushes for the back door with me close on his heels..
    We are at the training fields again relatively quickly. I have been improving rapidly as well. My movements are still slow compared to when I fought in wolf form but I have far more maneravablity to make up for it.
     The way I leap and twirl is pure beauty, I can tell as Zaru gets distracted as I advance on him. I may be sparring intently but it still looks as though it is but a mere dance.
    He rubs his arm, as my claws slice my opponents. At least he can withstand the fericousness as I attack. This match is different though. I notice not a single attack has actually connected from Zaru yet. I remain unscathed as he lunges and counters my attacks.
    Zaru has tried to teach me how to defend but I could never fully understand the concept. He let that topic go, with the experience he was able to get, defending never happens with me. It's either brace or dodge.
  "I win!" I call out, helping Zaru back to his feet.
  "That was quicker then yesterday." He smiles proudly at me, pleased I am adjusting fairly well.
   "Not even a scratch on me either." I beam up at him, excitement fills my eyes.
   "That's good but the same can't be said for me." He laughs lightly, rubbing his sides.
   "It is excellent! I'm getting stronger. I wanna fight a rogue next. You and your warriors have too much reservations with me." I roll my eyes.
   "Because you are my Mate and their Luna, Ryo." Zaru rubs the top of my head, "It is hard to spar with you as no one wants to hurt you."
      "But we haven't even mated. How can those feeling be an issue when I am not even a true member of the pack yet?"
    "I mean.. we almost.." Zaru rubs the back of his head.
    "Ohh... yeah.. I mean.. I am hungry, can we go get food now?" I laugh dryly.
    Since the day his mother walked in on us, I havent really brought anything up. Though I definitely hear everything whispered behind us.
   "You can't avoid it the topic forever my love." He chuckles lightly following behind me
    "I'm not avoiding... I'm prioritizing." Shaking my head and opening the door of our little home, "With everything going on with me I can't deal with it all at once."
    "Then what do we need to handle before you can deal with the fact we are mates." He can't help the growl that rolls with his words.
    "Firstly Zaru," I growl back, "I must learn how to shift. Strengthening this form is my only idea."
    "But-" I press a slim finger to his lips.
    "Next, I must return to the fire pits and hunt the one who came for me." The sudden spike in my anger lashes out. "After all that is settled then, and only then we will talk about us.."
    He can't help but hold a giggle, "Fire by day and water by night. What of our nightly cud-"
    "If you wish to continue to hold me as I sleep, drop it." I growl but it is a soft one, I don't actually want to sleep alone.
    I go and plop myself on the couch and wait for Zaru to bring out some food for us. Flicking on the anime we were watching and pick up right where I left off. The main character is about to fight final boss, it has my attention completely.