CHAPTER 30

Author's pov

The morning sunlight filtered through the sheer curtains of Jungkook's hotel room, painting the space with a gentle golden hue. Restlessness filled the air as Jungkook paced back and forth, his mind consumed with anticipation and impatience. He glanced at the clock repeatedly, each second feeling like an eternity.

A soft knock on the door broke the silence, and Jungkook's heart leaped with excitement. He hurried to answer, finding a hotel staff member standing there with a parcel in hand.

"Sir, this parcel came for you," the staff member announced politely.

"Thank you," Jungkook replied eagerly, his eyes fixed on the parcel. He took it from the staff member's hands, his fingers trembling slightly with anticipation.

"Is there anything else I can assist you with, sir?" the staff member inquired.

"No, that will be all. Thank you," Jungkook replied, already eager to delve into the contents of the parcel.

As the staff member left, Jungkook closed the door with a sense of urgency. Sitting down on the edge of the bed, he carefully opened the parcel, revealing a sleek pendrive nestled inside. The small device held the potential to unravel the mystery that had been haunting Jungkook's thoughts.

With a swift motion, Jungkook retrieved his laptop and inserted the pendrive, his eyes fixed on the screen as the file opened. The footage from the party at Starlight Corporations filled the display, capturing moments from that fateful night.

Jungkook couldn't have obtained the CCTV footage without Seojoon's agreement, and fortunately, Seojoon had readily agreed, trusting Jungkook implicitly.

As Jungkook watched the footage, his breath caught in his throat. The scene unfolded before him, capturing his entrance into the party, the encounters with the mysterious person, and their subsequent disappearance from the hall. Each frame held a piece of the puzzle, a clue that Jungkook was determined to decipher.

But it was the next footage that brought a flood of emotions to Jungkook's eyes. It was the scene from the other hall, where the mysterious man and Jungkook had shared an intimate moment. Tears welled up in Jungkook's eyes as he watched the tender exchange between them, the love and passion palpable even through the screen.

His heart ached with longing as he witnessed the man's care and concern, the way he had held Jungkook in his arms with such tenderness. The memory of being swept off his feet by the man in a bridal style, their shared intimacy, and the overwhelming love that filled the air left Jungkook breathless.

In that moment, Jungkook's belief that the mysterious person was Taehyung was reaffirmed. The depth of their connection, the bond that transcended words, was evident in every frame of the footage. And as tears rolled down his cheeks, Jungkook whispered softly to himself, "It was you, Tae. It was always you."

Jungkook felt a surge of determination as he pieced together the clues from the CCTV footage. "That means he only took me to the hotel. Does that mean he already knew where I am staying? I have to find him as soon as possible," he muttered to himself, his voice filled with a mix of urgency and determination.

As Jungkook continued to analyze the footage, he noticed a peculiar detail.
Jungkook's curiosity heightened when he saw Taehyung return to Starlight Corporation after dropping him off.