Chapter 10: Ahsoka's Funeral

Ezra's POV

We had all decided to bury Ahsoka near my tower. I came up with the idea since she sacrificed herself to save me from the Dark Side. That is a debt I can never pay, but I was grateful that she did. I was also sad because I was just getting to know Ahsoka about how she used to be a Jedi and why she was in the Rebellion.

"Does anyone want to say a few words?" Hera asked us.

There was a long pause till Kanan spoke up. "She was a great fighter, she gave us intell on the missions, and she was a great friend. I am proud to call her a rebel, and a friend." he said.

"Anything else?" Hera asked us.

There was another long pause till I decided to speak up.

"Ahsoka was like a mentor to me alongside Kanan. She helped me understand who I truly am, and what I am is a Jedi. She helped me understand the bigger battle we were facing. She sacrificed herself to save me from the Dark Side, and for that, I will always be grateful. I know that her sacrifice was one payment that I will never be able to repay. And just because she's dead doesn't mean that there still isn't hope in the galaxy. Because we will be able to stop the Empire and gain our freedom. Ahsoka was like that voice of freedom. She was a great Jedi, a mentor, and my friend." Tears were in my eyes as I tried to hold back my sadness.

"It's okay Ezra. It's okay to cry." Kanan assured me. I smiled at him and buried my face on his shirt. I even heard Sabine weeping with Hera quietly. Even Zeb sheded a tear or two. He lowered the casket down the hole I dug and covered it up.

Time Skip

The Ghost has never been this quiet before. Everyone was in their rooms, except for me. I didn't hear the sound of Sabine painting, or the sound of Zeb's snore, or Chopper's grumpiness. I was sitting in the common room trying to bury my feelings inside me. Kanan had told me that Jedi conceal their feelings in order to protect the galaxy.

Sabine came in 5 minutes later.

"Rough couple of days?" she asked.

"Yeah." I replied. "It's been a little confusing."

"You know, there's something I have to tell you."

"What is it?" I said looking up.

"Ever since you've joined the crew, I actually had a crush on you. I knew you did when you were flirting with me and I tried to not make it look like I liked you that much." she said in one breath.

I was stunned. And I thought she didn't have feelings for me. I blushed a bit. I could see her blushing too. I leaned in slowly and she did too. Then soon, we were 5 inches away from each other and we kissed. We slowly back up afterward.

"What just happened?" she asked.

"You kissed me." I said. "And I'm still shocked that you "like like" me."

She smiled at me. "Well I should probably go paint something."

I smiled back at her. "See ya later." I said.